Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jan 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Or block D facing I-drive.Stayed in this block 3 times in the same rooms.Not too near reception yet not too far away,nice and quiet.

Shuttles to the park need to booked the night before.We used uber to all parks instead

Edited at 08:09 PM.
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone - really helpful :-)
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

We requested B block I drive side and got it. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again if looking at that price point. We overlooked the pool but didn't notice any noise other than first couple of nights when we were jet lagged and wanted to sleep at 7pm!
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Ah - useful map - we were block B facing pool on ground floor. Was very quiet... just mid afternoon pool always seemed busy so we didn't fancy it and crashed - don't know if others any different - we were too lazy to go check!

I think we'd pick block D next time - choice of 2 close pools.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were there for 12 days over Christmas. We were in block E facing Idrive on the top floor (4th floor) there are lifts at the ends of each block and there was a laundry room outside the lift on our floor. You need cash to purchase tokens to use in the dryers and washers. The pools were heated and there were people in them every day that we were there. There is also a hairdryer in the room.

There is a trolley stop outside the main building and they do also offer a shuttle service, we didn’t use this as we had a car. There is no resort fee which is great! We didn’t eat at the hotel restaurant as there are loads of eateries within walking distance.

I wrote a food report if you would like to see the kinds of restaurants that are close by.

I’m sure you will have a great time
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Don’t request a room on the ground floor(classes as first floor in the US) as you will have ppl walking past 24/7 , we normally ask for block A or B pool side but to guarantee a room there you need to pay an extra $10 a night, you can still request them but you may not get it. There are 3 pools two of which are heated the third isn’t but not sure which one is the unheated one I think it’s the middle pool, hotel staff will remove towels left on sun loungers if no one is using them to ensure ppl can use them.
The hotel is very old but it’s well kept and clean but very dated. The rooms are very dark and you need lights on all the time but you get used to it, the air con is very nousy but again you get quickly used to it. The hotel has over 1000 rooms , 3 or 4 laundry rooms, parking can be tight in the evenings , but there’s always plenty parking by block G , smoking is banned outside the rooms but there’s few designated smoking areas. Don’t bother with the hotel restaurant it’s awful and you can get much better cheaper options within a few minutes walk. Same goes for the bar, it’s like something out of Benidorm . Staff are very friendly and there is a gd security presence . Be under no illusions though, it’s a 2star motel so it will be a big change as to when you have previously stayed in a villa! But as a place to simply get some sleep ( the beds are very comfy) it’s great .

Edited at 09:16 AM.
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by guinness_79 View Post
Hi,

We have just booked to stay here in October - first time in a hotel and not in a villa!

Parking - Is there a charge for parking a car overnight?
There is no charge no, you will be given something to pop on your rear view mirror. Personally i just showed it at the gate then moved it out the way i didnt want it hanging there all holiday.

Breakfast Option - we have opted for room only, it worked out £25 per day with BA to opt for breakfast (there are 4 of us) - can you do this when you get there or should we add it on via BA; not sure if its worth it
Its a bog standard breakfast buffet, its not superb value. IF its not free i wouldnt bother.

I trolley - looks like there is a stop right outside - is this correct?
It is correct

Location - There appear to be various blocks - anyone have any recommendations on which one to stay in?
Block D upper two floors, not at the end of the block but a few rooms in. I-drive facing as its a lot quieter. Loads of lifts at either end of the blocks.

Pool area - is there a bar- reasonably priced?
There is a lite bite in the lobby, ive never used it at this rosen but have at others. Idea for round the pool food, well priced. Had hotdogs pizza fries etc

Shuttles to parks - Uber seems cheap enough but it mentions free shuttles - anyone know how good/ regular they are?
Theyre pre book the night before. Set time on a morning. Stop at other venues.

Personally id uber, its quicker and not to expensive.

Rooms - Is there decent storage and is there a fridge in the room
Store empty cases on top of the wardrobes or under sink, they have a wardrobe, set of drawers, bedside table with drawer, yes there is a fridge its slightly smaller than regular sized. [/quote]

Hairdryer - is there a hair dryer in the room
Yes near the sink .
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed here in September last year - we were allocated block C, ground floor, facing I-Drive. Was a very short walk from reception. People do walk by the room but this honestly was not an issue for us. I would stay in this room again. If you are allocated a higher floor there are lifts available.

Room size was fine for us, there was only myself and my partner. Plenty storage but think might be tight for a family, this will all depend on how much stuff you have I suppose. Rooms are dark but as we were only in the room for sleeping mainly so this really wasnt an issue. Air conditioning was loud but after a couple of days we got used to it. There is a fridge provided.

There is a hairdryer in the room however it isnt great. I have long thick hair so took an age to dry may hair, next time I would take my own as I felt the hotel one took forever and also frazzled my hair.

We didnt eat in the hotel as there are so many other options in walking distance that were delicious and reasonably priced.

I-Trolley stop is right outside the hotel which is so convenient, especially when you have weary feet from a day of shopping!

There are 3 pools onsite but we only ever used the pool behind Block D which wasnt heated, was refreshingly cool. Pool towels are provided for free and there is always plenty along with plenty beds. No pool bar.

Hotel does offer free shuttles to Universal. These need to be booked at the ticket desk at reception the evening before and run at various times throughout the day/evening. Free returns from the park also, although these dont have to be booked and tend to be very busy. Worth keeping in mind that Uber is fairly cheap to/from Univeral, we used a few times and was around $7 per trip.

Overall we were really happy with our stay here and are planning to return this year
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

We have stayed at the Rosen at the Pointe at different times and have always paid for the Buffet breakfast before arrival. It is a good bit cheaper doing it this way than paying at the hotel. Last year 2019 the total cost for breakfast for 4 adults was £320. [14 nights] The breakfast was of good quality and plenty of variety. Tea coffee and soft drinks are included.
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List