Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jul 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

BA Holidays new policy

BA Holidays have announced a few days ago a new policy where bookings made between now and August for travel up to 30th April 2021 can be amended for free or cancelled to receive a voucher:

businesstraveller/bu...tomer-promise/

I did have a look out of curiosity at April 2021, as if it was around the same price I would have thought about rebooking to be covered under the new policy.

The price was over £700 more! I guess they have to cover themselves financially for it. Will be sticking to my original booking as i'd 'only' lose the deposit.

Edited at 12:17 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
BA Holidays have announced a few days ago a new policy where bookings made between now and August for travel up to 30th April 2021 can be amended for free or cancelled to receive a voucher:

businesstraveller/bu...tomer-promise/

I did have a look out of curiosity at April 2021, as if it was around the same price I would have thought about rebooking to be covered under the new policy.

The price was over £700 more! I guess they have to cover themselves financially for it. Will be sticking to my original booking as i'd 'only' lose the deposit.

We got the same deal on flights about a month ago. Our flights were really well priced- £600 each in Easter holidays, so I figured I had nothing to lose.
Old 2 Jul 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

I hope they extend this offer for later in 2021, can't seeing me booking flights without this option.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We booked a holiday to Disneyland CA under this offer, thought we had nothing to lose and could move it to later in the year if needs be Its nice to see they're offering this incentive!

Haven't seen Virgin offer anything and they're in a worse situation!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We got the same deal on flights about a month ago. Our flights were really well priced- £600 each in Easter holidays, so I figured I had nothing to lose.
We did get an amazing deal, fly drive £1650 for 2 of us during Easter 2021. Still glad we booked then despite this new policy as it's now so much more, but a nice safety blanket for people travelling before then nonetheless.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’ve booked for LA at Easter. My view is if it doesn’t go ahead, or we want to cancel, we’ll get the deposit back on a voucher. I paid the deposit for this booking with the voucher received for our August trip. Fingers crossed it goes ahead.
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
We’ve booked for LA at Easter. My view is if it doesn’t go ahead, or we want to cancel, we’ll get the deposit back on a voucher. I paid the deposit for this booking with the voucher received for our August trip. Fingers crossed it goes ahead.
We did the deposit only as well! Thought it was a good incentive of theirs to offer that in times like this! Haven't seen many other companies do something like that

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
I hope they extend this offer for later in 2021, can't seeing me booking flights without this option.
I’m hoping this too and I’ll book a fly drive for next Summer when flights come out.
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkeringbelle
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
We did the deposit only as well! Thought it was a good incentive of theirs to offer that in times like this! Haven't seen many other companies do something like that
So did we, but now haven’t got a ticket confirmation number that can be linked to MDE 🤨
Old 2 Jul 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just wish they would change my flights I booked in Dec for sept to Toronto, I don’t want a refund just to change them. There was no sign of covid when I booked and they refuse to do anything for us and We have 12 in total, so fed up!