Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Dec 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I agree with the previous posters, if you can afford it and are not looking for new paid employment I would simply leave. No need to tell them you hate the job, simply say you are going to develop your buisness and look after your dad.

As other have said, life is short, it's important to enjoy the journey.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I agree with the previous posters, if you can afford it and are not looking for new paid employment I would simply leave. No need to tell them you hate the job, simply say you are going to develop your buisness and look after your dad.

As other have said, life is short, it's important to enjoy the journey.
This is what I was about to post.

I wish you every success with your own business.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Am so sorry about your dad, this year has flung so much at so many of us! Its no wonder you are struggling. If it doesn’t feel right and you can afford to have a break just do what you need to x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

I once left a company after just 5 weeks and returned to my previous job. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I’m really sorry to hear your dad is I’ll

I’m in the minority here I think but I’d try and stick it out a little longer. If your own business is being affected by COVID then it could be quite a while until that changes and you don’t need financial worries on top of your dad being poorly. Sometimes a job is just a means to an end, maybe set yourself a definite end date for 6 months time so you know it’s just a stop gap.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Life is far too short to do something we don't enjoy.

If you have the means, and you say you do, I wouldn't hesitate to leave.

You certainly won't be letting anyone down, and with the job market as it is, you'll actually be opening a door for someone to come in and take that job.

Move on and don't look back.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You say you're not building a rapport with the team. They might be thinking the same thing so if you can manage without the money, I'd leave.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
I once left a company after just 5 weeks and returned to my previous job. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Many years ago I started a job. After about a month the person who's job I'd taken over decided she didn't like her her new job so I got the push and she got her old job back. Even though I'd only been there a month I got a leaving card and present as the team thought what had happened to me was totally unfair as I'd fitted in well and was good at the job. So I hope someone didn't get the push so you could get your old job back. It wasn't a pleasant experience.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

I feel exactly the same. I cannot stand my new job, everyday I wake up to go I feel depressed and they are treating me poorly. Unfortunately I don’t have another alternative at the moment. If you do, then quit. I would, it’s no fun being unhappy at work.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I was like you I started a new job mid Feburary but after 5 months I just did not fit in, was working at home with little training was boring work and taking a toll. Me and DH spoke about how I was not happy with work and it was affecting my mental health, so I hand in my notice we are lucky that we can manage on DH wages. I took 3 months off work, I have just taken a temporary position which I am really enjoying it, the people are so different and work is varied.

This year is one year I will be glad to see the back off, with Covid I think a lot people just want the year to end. I am hoping next year is going to be so different.

Life is way to short to be doing something you do not enjoy, if you can manage without the wage quit, it was the best decision I have made all year. Good luck with whatever you decided look after your family and take care of yourself and your dad.

Edited at 11:45 PM.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List