Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jan 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Health is your wealth.

Disney332
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I'm working much more than my usual part time hours because of the vaccination program & the hospital being so busy, plus we've not been going on any holidays so technically are in a better position.

Still seem to manage to spend it though...

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m better off financially as everything was cancelled and in some cases refunded and in others I’ve got credits. So I have a credit for a beautiful hotel in Venice. I have a BA credit for a flight and goodness knows how many credits for Disney Cruises.
However I’m not even sure that the cruises will proceed this year so I may just push them again to 2022.
I have until 2022 to use my BA credit. Please let’s hope I can get to Venice for a few days before July when it expires!
I also haven’t even spent much in this country either because apart from a few weeks here and there our restaurants/pubs have closed, opened, closed, opened like a yo-yo! I seem to have always missed them. I haven’t been to the theatre which is always costly.
I’ve just treated myself to a new laptop, so that’s a bit of additional spending lol!
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

My daughter lost her job the day she picked up the keys to her new flat. No indication to anyone that the business was in trouble. She has applied for hundreds of jobs - 750 applied for a barista job in city centre. She has only managed to get 3 x6 hour shifts at Sainsbury’s. Her savings are gone. Her mortgage suppliers have helped her but that can’t last. We are paying her mortgage just now but we can’t sustain that for much longer. Her confidence has completely gone and we’ve had lots of tears. It’s so hard to see.
dizzymcfarlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Never been so busy at work and taken on extra people. Never really Been in a position where I've earnt enough to save any substantial amounts. I'm a car mechanic living from month to month with a little saved each month.
But 2020 was the year I managed to save quite a bit even though I bought a motorcycle instead of a holiday.
My earnings increased 40% in 2019 and another 25% in 2020.
So I'm one of the few fortunate ones who has done well out of 2020.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Health is your wealth.

Disney332
Agreed.

I’d rate that as most important, then emotional well-being and mental stability... money counts for nothing without these things being in a good place, IMHO.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Our income has reduced significantly as DH’s new job is a big pay cut from the one he was made redundant from.

I feel lucky though that we can still save money after our monthly outgoings, lots of people are nowhere near as fortunate.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

About the same as last year but a years worth of debt payments better off.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Health is your wealth.

Disney332
I did acknowledge that money does not buy happiness in my origional question. I agree though
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We are exactly the same as last year. Our outgoings are the same (food & bills) and the money we would’ve spent on holidays went on doing the back garden and decorating and new super king bed & mattress.
I feel incredibly lucky because I know a lot of people are in a worse position.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List