Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stink08 View Post
We are booked 11th dec till 1st jan, indirect with Lufthansa, never flown in direct or with that airline, got PE on way home, and extra leg room both ways, £1600 ish for 2 adults and dd11, town house booked at Windsor Hills which looks great and pretty good deal including pool heat just under £2000, have booked DC Ultimate and universal tickets so far, hanging off Disney as really hoping 21day tickets may come back late thIs year, little nervous about that though as can’t book our park days and def want to do Epcot for NYE, not sure what to do Xmas day yet, did MK back in 2016 on Xmas day and had a brilliant day, fingers crossed that things will be a bit more normal by then, love the Xmas tree display at DS and also the late nights Xmas things at Seaworld, what are the Jeater bend lights, sounds interesting? Hopefully weather will be nice enough to get down to Clearwater and another trip to cocoa beach!
I'm the same regarding booking parks. Really not sure what to do! I wonder if by them park reservations will even be a thing?
Old 18 Jan 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
We booked on Saturday for 12-26th. This will incorporate my birthday.
We booked as it was such a great deal, worth the gamble. We are offsite at Shingle Creek where we have stayed before, it’s a fantastic hotel.
I’m not really sure what to do on Christmas Day. I know the ‘thing’ would be to go to MK, but I’m considering AK. I love the thought of seeing all those beautiful animals on Christmas Day. Our flight home on Boxing Day is pretty late so would go to MK then.
As for Christmas Dinner, really haven’t a clue.
I would like to incorporate a Candlelight Procession and a Christmas Party. Hopefully these will be on.
This was an impulse booking but really looking forward to all the planning.
One thing I wasn’t sure about was tickets. Under normal circumstances I would just get them straight away from Disney Direct, but I actually don’t know what’s best in case we can’t go. I want to be able to get my park days booked but don’t want to be out that money just in case.
I wonder if the credit card company would refund us if needed?
Old 18 Jan 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
We’re booked from the 4th to the 31st, flying in and out of Miami.

Staying at sunset lakes, it’s a trip we have done many times now😀

We will be at discovery cove Boxing Day, Christmas Day we never leave the villa, just swimming and relaxing.

We usually don’t do many parks after about the 21st as it gets too busy but sea world is normally ok, we have a universal ap so may nip in and out early before they get busy.

Op, we until yesterday had a 7 night eastern Caribbean booked from the 5th but we’re going to miss cruising until at least dec 22 now.

It’s a great time to go, crazy busy from about the 21st but this is our 7th Christmas trip so something keeps dragging us back😂
What made you decide to cancel the cruise? We're on the fence with it to be honest. Would love to go but can't see how it would work with social distancing. Can only hope that the world will be a different place by then, it is almost a year away so I'm keeping everything crossed!

Any trips for Christmas Day? You sound like a pro!
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
We've gone for 2 weeks at Christmas every year since 2012 (boo to 2020!)

With our Easter 2021 California trip cancelled last week, we've taken the opportunity to use that leave and book for 3 weeks at Christmas; flying home New Years Day; also took advantage of the BA sale running for longer this year so able to book Christmas flights in that this time.

We don't do Orlando at all; Gulf Coast for us; usually 3 trips a year.
Christmas Day is some time at the pool (if a warm/hot day) and then our annual Christmas Day tradition: stroll on Pass a Grille beach, sip our coffee watching the pelicans & boats in the bay, eat an ice cream on a bench outside the same shop each year & back to the condo for an early evening Christmas dinner; bliss 👌
Sounds like a lovely chilled holiday!
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We stayed in 2016 so preskyliner! I am so excited to go back I have purposefully booked a 5 sleeper room so I don’t have to share a bed with one of my children! I booked direct with Disney then flight separately so hoping it will be easy to move if necessary 🤞. So happy that park hopping is back as we are hoping to go to Epcot in the evenings to eat around world showcase... I say ‘we’ but the children don’t know I have booked yet I am waiting until the flights start going before I tell them. We are currently having lots of conversations along the lines of “if we go at Christmas what park would you think would be good to visit on Christmas Day” hoping I can keep it quiet long enough 😉
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

We are looking at Christmas as back up as the worry about August starts to set in! I still cant get into full planning mode for that either though as my 3 'kids' are all uni students and the virus ended up changing their timetable to exams in January. If that happens again (and we wont know until summer likely) then dates would need changed and perhaps only myself and one other would travel. Also my DH is not keen to be there at Xmas at all and even though I have always been mad to see the decorations, and maybe this year is my best chance!, early December would have suited me fine. Dont feel I can head off to Florida in December though if the kids have exams then instead lol

Anyway I have put a deposit down on Coronado Springs tower room at the moment and will change it if maybe rooms release at other resorts say Port Orleans and tweak the dates if maybe even just myself and DD go. Will keep an eye out for flights in next few weeks, again on deposit basis. Hopefully could walk some deposits forward to 2022. I just feel Christmas is so busy that waiting til later in the year to do anything could see us priced out

Edited at 12:05 PM.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2anddone View Post
We stayed in 2016 so preskyliner! I am so excited to go back I have purposefully booked a 5 sleeper room so I don’t have to share a bed with one of my children! I booked direct with Disney then flight separately so hoping it will be easy to move if necessary 🤞. So happy that park hopping is back as we are hoping to go to Epcot in the evenings to eat around world showcase... I say ‘we’ but the children don’t know I have booked yet I am waiting until the flights start going before I tell them. We are currently having lots of conversations along the lines of “if we go at Christmas what park would you think would be good to visit on Christmas Day” hoping I can keep it quiet long enough 😉
Were you there when Banana Cabana was open? We really loved that place! 🤗

I'm really happy about the park hopping too. I've seen recently that people are visiting 4 parks in one day. Not that we would do that but it's nice to have the choice!
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
We are looking at Christmas as back up as the worry about August starts to set in! I still cant get into full planning mode for that either though as my 3 'kids' are all uni students and the virus ended up changing their timetable to exams in January. If that happens again (and we wont know until summer likely) then dates would need changed and perhaps only myself and one other would travel. Also my DH is not keen to be there at Xmas at all and even though I have always been mad to see the decorations, and maybe this year is my best chance!, early December would have suited me fine. Dont feel I can head off to Florida in December though if the kids have exams then instead lol

Anyway I have put a deposit down on Coronado Springs tower room at the moment and will change it if maybe rooms release at other resorts say Port Orleans and tweak the dates if maybe even just myself and DD go. Will keep an eye out for flights in next few weeks, again on deposit basis. Hopefully could walk some deposits forward to 2022. I just feel Christmas is so busy that waiting til later in the year to do anything could see us priced out
We're also booked for August. Hoping that one goes ahead but I'm still feeling a bit twitchy about it. I have positive and not so positive days if you know what I mean.

I haven't actually been at Christmas but I've been in December. The decorations are really lovely and the life-size gingerbread house at GF is definitely worth a look. The smell in the lobby is amazing!

CSR is lovely, the new Three Bridges bar is really cool, you'll have a great time
Old 18 Jan 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Were you there when Banana Cabana was open? We really loved that place! 🤗

I'm really happy about the park hopping too. I've seen recently that people are visiting 4 parks in one day. Not that we would do that but it's nice to have the choice!
Yes I think it was (I remember the name and it was before all the refurbishments, May 2016) I remember sitting in the bar at the end of the day while the children watched movies under the stars. My children want to try 4 parks in one day ‘if’ they get to go back, they currently spend all of their spare time watching Tim Tracker and PC Dev and imagining what they could do if we ever go back!
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
What made you decide to cancel the cruise? We're on the fence with it to be honest. Would love to go but can't see how it would work with social distancing. Can only hope that the world will be a different place by then, it is almost a year away so I'm keeping everything crossed!

Any trips for Christmas Day? You sound like a pro!
Can’t help with Christmas Day I’m afraid, have never left the villa, always had a full Christmas dinner, tv and swimming that’s all we do.

I cancelled the cruise based on value, when you take into account excursions, drinks and tips etc were at nearly £1k a night 😬 I thinks it’s really worth it in normal times but I just can’t justify the risk it’s not normal, I won’t pay that kind of money for even 90% of normal.

I was going to hold out and see but some good flights came out that would mean it’s too close to take the cruise (flying the day before) so that kind of made up my mind.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List