Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Jan 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I tend to use adult hotels so cant help you except Atlantis has a huge reputation for being family friendly and yet to see any bad reports about it. BUT Feb half term is very high season and will, in normal times anyway, sell out quickly (as well as being peak price season) - I usually go in February and book a year out for my hotel as I want the same hotel (indeed same suite for c20 years) Flights are plentiful if you are doing a DIY so can always wait out for sale (even in Feb)
So far I have been quoted just under £5000 for Atlantis for 5 nights Feb half term next year (2 adults 2 kids) does that sound good or should I book DIY?
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkertangled View Post
So far I have been quoted just under £5000 for Atlantis for 5 nights Feb half term next year (2 adults 2 kids) does that sound good or should I book DIY?
Try looking at the hotel online then get the best price via various website. Then call them on the phone and haggle it down - thats what I do with Dubai. But be ready to confirm there and then with a credit card once you are happy. I cant really offer an option on the price but prima facie it appears steep to me check Emirates website for flight prices for Feb this year (they dont tend to change much unless in a sale)

I am sure others with more experience of staying the en famille will come forward with stronger advice than I can offer on this one . Good luck - you will LOVE Dubai I am sure of that and February sunshine is always a great winter tonic
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CSTUARTt1980
Excited about Disney

Myself husband and 2 kids stayed at the Atlantis in July last year for 3 nights at the end of our 2 week holiday. I done it diy so for hotel only half board we paid £890. Obvs summertime is cheaper but I think that sounds quite expensive. We booked with netflights
CSTUARTt1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at the Sofitel next Door and it was amazing.

I think that quote is overpriced. Who is it with?
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
We stayed at the Sofitel next Door and it was amazing.

I think that quote is overpriced. Who is it with?
That’s with Kenwood
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That’s with Kenwood
Have a look at BestatDubai and Emirates holidays. Alternatively, DIY is very straightforward
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We’ve started talking about honeymoons today, depends how quickly we bounc back
Financially of course, but I am considering Dubai/Mauritius.

We’re watching the QE2 documentary at the moment and OH loves it. But I am really nervous about going to Dubai. I’m so worried about accidentally offending someone and ending up in prison - you can tell ive not been!

I’ve sold Dubai loads, but I think being away from work for a year has knocked my confidence for my own travels a bit, especially for those outside my comfort zone.

Did any of you guys feel on edge when you were there? Did you feel like you constantly had to think about how you were behaving - I’m worried about little things such as holding OHs hand, or forgetting and him giving me a kiss on the forehead or something.

I really fancy it, but I’m wondering if it’s just better to stick with Mauritius and save Dubai for a few years time when I’m sick of him 😂😂😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyandhertramp
I want to go now!

uae still i’m on red list 😫😫😫😫
Ladyandhertramp is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Scaramouche - Dubai is fine, modern and very relaxed. As long as you follow the rules ( which are not hard to understand and I imagine won’t be a problem for you). You can drink but in a hotel restaurant. You can buy duty free at the airport as you arrive, but consume it in hour room and not in the street ! Declare your meds before you travel. Don’t have sex in public, don’t do drugs and don’t swear at the police. Of course it’s more complicated than that, but they are the main issues for tourists. In brief, be respectful, and you’ll be fine
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
G54321
Excited about Disney

We really enjoyed our time in Dubai and didn’t feel at all anxious around the things you’ve mentioned I wouldn’t worry about it honestly. I expected people to dress more conservatively in public eg in shopping malls but in reality it was no different to anywhere else abroad, shorts and vest tops! We also went to Mauritius and it’s a lovely island. We visited in November when we expected good weather but it was unseasonally cold and rainy which did impact our stay but that can happen anywhere you go.
G54321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List