Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 19 Jul 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Bear Bums and Dino Bones Road Trip Day 3 - Hello (and goodbye) Denver!

Day 3 - Hello (and goodbye) Denver!

Up at 3.30am, another Lyft and we arrive at LaGuardia airport by 4.30am. The plane ended up being an hour late boarding as 2 cabin crew are missing - one is lost somewhere in the airport and no one can contact the other one. Eventually one turns up to big cheers from everyone waiting and we can go.

Somehow we end up only being 15 mins late landing. Bus ride over to Alamo to pick up the car. I'd booked a premium car and done 'skip the counter' but I couldnt see a premium aisle. A guy come over to help and pointed to the car in front of me and said thats the only one ready. I'd been looking forward to choosing and the disappointment must have been obvious as he offered to go see what else he could find. I told him I didnt really care but was hoping for satnav. He dived in the car to check but of course it didn't. Off he ran out the back to look for another. He pulled another car round and then tried to show me it had satnav, except it didn't. So off he ran to get yet another and that didn't either. Erm, I thought you only had one but nevermind, so I picked the one that was black and had Florida plates as it would make it easier to find in car parks!

It's been 3 years since we've been to America so with a few nerves on my part (I'm the only driver) we drove through Denver and headed to Laramie 3 hours away. I think it was mostly due to how hard it was to keep my eyes on the road when all I wanted to look at was the beautiful snow covered Rocky Mountains on the left of me!

First stop quick shopping trip (2 hours ) at Costcos and Walmart to pick up coolers, fold up chairs, snacks etc.

Back on the road and it's see you later Colorado, hello Wyoming! Another break at the state line visitor centre which was the best I've been to, it was like a mini musuem!

Scenery started changing, fighting the road for attention.

We reached Hampton Inn Laramie about 5pm. In front of the car is a massive rabbit, woohoo the wildlife spotting has begun! Ok I admit I'm easily pleased

Lovely clean spacious room. We were both starting to feel the effects of the 2 flights so I asked at reception for a recommendations for a quick but good dinner. She sent us to Born In A Barn and it was spot on, delicious and quick service. Took a detour round town to have a look before going back to collapse in front of more Chopped, after all we had 400 miles to go the next day.

I wish we'd had more time and energy to see more of Laramie, it was a cute Western town and seemed like somewhere you could enjoy a couple of days.

Day 4 - Is that a bison I see before me?

Edited at 12:56 AM.
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Love that rugged scenery.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The Rockies look impressive!
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List