Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 3 Aug 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Multiple stops

Not strictly Orlando but for those who book multiple flights stopping for a couple of days in each destination, how do you book your flights. Thinking of flying somewhere different in the USA ( not decided where yet ) but finishing with a few days in Orlando. We have visited lots of different places in the USA but I am struggling to persuade the hubby to go back to Orlando, thought if I we did a split trip I could persuade him to go back. Not sure where to start with the flights, thanks
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

We tend to fly to and from the same airport internationally and book that first, it can mean adding an extra day onto the trip so might not be the most efficient way of doing things, however we often book reward flights and I am not sure I can do that to and from different airports.

I then just book whatever internal flights I need, one way if I am going to a few places. I usually use expedia to find out which airlines do the route and then book directly with whatever airline I am going to use.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I just use google flights and put in the multi stops to see what airlines fly the routes and what my options are. Google flights link me to the airlines own site to book which I prefer over sky scanner who use a lot of shonky third party websites that I personally won’t use.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

It's been a while since I booked a trip with more than the outbound and inbound flights. Last year we did fly in and out of different airports. I found the BA 'customize your trip' option a good way of pricing multiple flights when we were thinking of adding a few days in New York.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Pick multi city rather than return or one way. It's easiest on google flights or skyscanner etc.
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We have just booked Gatwick- Orlando - and have booked a side trip to Texas for four days using Delta ...we do this every year ( book an in and out international flight) then decide from there where we fancy going .
This time the flights were cheaper to go LGW- MCO booked in the latest BA sale.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ynwa2009
Excited about Disney

Yeah BA are good for this, I'm guessing your covered more as well if there are any problems as you've booking them through the same place - i'm not sure though?
ynwa2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

We often do this, I choose multi-trip on google flights/air matrix/kayak etc to get ideas of what's possible and then book direct with the airline. Weigh up doing it all as 1 trip all in as it includes luggage or just the international part as a return or 'open jaw'- into one airport and out of another, then price internal flights remembering to add on luggage costs.

We've done it both ways depending on which gives the best value
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I put in the destinations on sky scanner and see what price comes up booking everything together then put it into sections and work out which flights to book together and which separately. For example i have booked Manchester to Quebec City and Orlando to Manchester on one booking then Quebec City to Orlando on another booking.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We used ba multi city and picked the route we wanted so we didn’t have to return to our entry airport.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List