Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 9 Jan 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tinky
I have Ears

disabled parking at resort hotels

Just wondering if anybody could throw any light on the following.
We are staying at this PO riverside resort around mid feb for a couple of weeks.
We know that people from the uk are now charged to park over night from the 1/1/2020 as clearly stated on the Disney Holiday.co.uk site.
When we booked the holiday (6 months ago) I took a screen shot of this page for my own records and over the last few weeks the wording has changed so this now seem unclear if disabled parking is payable.
Up until the turn of the year it stated that (disabled parking at all resort hotels was complimentary for guests with disabilities). Along with the 2020 parking charges.
It’s now been reworded to(Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required). with no mention of parking being complimentary.
2 of my children have UK blue badges & we also have a temp Florida parking permit to cover our time in the states.
tinky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Interesting. I will be following this with interest, as you are indeed correct, the Disney website does not indicate whether self-parking is complimentary for guests with disabilities, only that there are parking spaces available.
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tinky
I have Ears

The wording on the webpage changed about 6 weeks ago, prompting us to obtain a orange county temp parking permit which arrived in post last week.
tinky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tinky
I have Ears

It would seem i have found the answer to my own question as i have just received an email from WDW customer services.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort! We are excited to hear about your trip.

The daily parking fees at the Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels and Theme Parks can be found at our website: Parking Fees. Florida's temporary disabled person parking permit does not allow for the waiving of Walt Disney World®'s parking fees.

Acceptable forms of payment are cash, credit card, traveler's checks, and Disney® Gift Cards.

You are welcome to exit and return at any time during a given day, to any of our Parks, without having to pay an additional parking fee. You can just show your receipt at the next parking toll plaza.

Guests staying at one of our Resorts receive complimentary parking at our Theme Parks for the length of their stay, although we also have complimentary transportation between the Resorts and Theme Parks and Water Parks as well.

Upon your arrival, please notify your resort front desk that you would like to utilize the "Service Your Way" option to opt out of housekeeping. Our cast at the resort till take care of it for you!

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website (only available on the US site). Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

We wish you a magical day.

Sincerely,

Unique
eCommerce Sales and Service Team
Old 10 Jan 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

How darn annoying! This may be the final push for us to consider finally ditching the hire car. These holidays are getting more and more expensive …..
Old 12 Jan 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

A fellow forumer of mine (foreign forum) received a reply from guest services, regarding the same issue, and they stated that parking was complimentaty with valid Disability FL tag
this came from WDW last week.

so, this matter needs investigating further, because, like all things Disney, the answer will vary from left to right depending on who you ask
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tinky
I have Ears

It would be nice to find out for certain before we leave, maybe there will be people on this forum who are there now or in the next week or two. We don’t travel until mid feb.
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I have sent an inquiry directly to the disability service at disney's , a couple of days ago

will report back when I get a reply
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at Art of Animation for a couple of nights last week, at check in I told them I had the Florida Disability tag, which she made a note of, asked to see it but I told her it was hanging in the car, so she said no problem. No charge made for parking for us or for DS who was staying in the suite with us and also had a car, so presumed it applied to the whole room rather than per car. Unless we were just lucky!
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

you obviously can't show your FL tag as it's supposed to be hanging from the rearview

but, you also get 2 copies of the tax collector receipt included in the enveloppe you have received
those receipts are there to prove you hold the temporary license, use them when needed, such as at front desk