Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jan 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Seaworld- would you squeeze it in?

Hello Dibbers!
DH would really like to go to Seaworld on our July trip. I’m not bothered about going, and need some advice.
DD and DS (9, 12) are not massive rollercoaster fans, they would like the animal side of the park. I’m just not bothered and would rather not spend the money on more tickets, we have already got Universal and Disney tickets, we are in Orlando for 3 weeks. We have 3 week Disney ticket and 2 week Universal tickets.
The only other consideration is that we would like to do the dolphin swim at DC. Is it worth making time and expense for Seaworld and DC?
We have options to view Dolphins from the Gulf coast at the end of the holiday.
I know if I ask them, they will all insist we buy more tickets for Seaworld/DC (I get dragged to Lord Parque when we are in Tenerife most years).
Do you think it’s worth fitting Seaworld and DC in? Or should we save it for another trip?

Many thanks!
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm in the same position for our trip in September. We have 4 weeks in Orlando with 3 week disney and 2 week universal tickets and I honestly cant decide about seaworld. I am erring on the side of not getting them as I think we will try and cram too much in if we do get them as we like to get our moneys worth.

Interested to see other peoples opinions on this.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

If I was going to discovery cove and had Seaworld included with my ticket I’d go. Not sure I would though if it was a case of buying tickets.

We had an amazing time at discovery cove and spent a morning at seaworld which we all enjoyed. We had planned on also going to Aquatica but opted for a chilled out pool day instead.

Edited at 06:54 PM.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rozzyb2011 View Post
I'm in the same position for our trip in September. We have 4 weeks in Orlando with 3 week disney and 2 week universal tickets and I honestly cant decide about seaworld. I am erring on the side of not getting them as I think we will try and cram too much in if we do get them as we like to get our moneys worth.

Interested to see other peoples opinions on this.
I’m going late August into September and plan on taking advantage of the Orlando magical dining offer at Sharks Underwater Grill in Sea world if it’s included, it has been the last couple of years.

It was 3 courses for $35 plus you get to stay in the park after. Earliest booking was about 3.30 I think. Hopefully it is in the offer again this year.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

If we had 3 weeks in Orlando and could afford it I’d definitely do discovery cove and sea world ( also Busch) . We only usually manage 2 weeks so only do universal and Disney. I cannot wait until my youngest is old enough to do the dolphin swim - we have only done them pre Kids- we will do them hopefully on future trips -
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We had 3 weeks last year and done disney and universal. To be honest with a beach day.. some shopping days and lazy mornings we were not short of things to do and seemed the right mix of manic and rest.. volcano bay was also a great day. In November luckily we are going back but only for 2 weeks and doing disney and seaworld and BG. I think this is enough for 2 weeks. Many years ago I done all 3 in 2 weeks and I was wacked.. and I was much younger then. Guess depends on your family.. but you are on holiday and a bit of downtime is part of it. Cost comes into play of course as tickets are so expensive. If cost does not come into it I would say go for it.. but dont under estimate how physical it is in the heat plus value for money.. if you are planning on going back the following year it's nice to have some new experiences to look forward too also. Whatever you pick you will not feel like you have missed out.
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

A yes form me - we always fit in DC, we only ever do 2 weeks, and it's always the best day of the holiday (we don't do dolphin swim anymore - people say there are better dolphin encounter experiences elsewhere, but as said, the whole park is a great day).

We find it really chilled relaxing day - tiring in a different way to walking round the parks, and your food and drink is covered for the whole day - we even take some snakcs home for another day.

SW we are not so keen on - we will pop in this year to do a couple of rides, and out - but there is lots to see and do there if you have never been - and some good rides that aren't big coasters. It's prob a half day if you plan what you want to do and shows you want to see.

we actually bought Dolhpin swim tickets this year as cheaper than non swim ones...with SW and Aquatica. We paid about £130 each for ATD.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

In three weeks Disney & Universal is plenty, along with a few rest/shopping/water park dates!

We are going this year in our two week trip but won’t have Universal either this time.

We really enjoy seaworld and when the kids are older will definitely be doing BG & Discovery Cove.

It’s nice to have a more relaxed / quieter part of the trip to us.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

This year we are doing Disney and I have tickets for Dolphin swim, Seaworld and Busch gardens. We are only going for 2 weeks. Last time we went we did Disney & Universal. I really wanted to do Dc as everyone says what an amazing day it is but if you're buying the tickets for the Dolphin swim it's not much more to upgrade to the ultimate ticket. We couldn't really fit it all in last time. I had mine in the easter sale and it's better value for money to do all these parks together.I suppose it depends on money, if you can afford it I'd go for, you will probably have enough time. Life is short and none of us now what tomorrow will bring, make the most of it. Enjoy.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We always have a day at DC, we've done the dolphin swim a couple of times but the last 5 or 6 times we've chosen the non swim option. We also enjoy a day at Seaworld as its part of the package, it always feels less busy than Disney and Universal which is nice mid holiday.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List