Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Mar 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Flight cancelled advice please

BA have emailed this afternoon to say that our flight from Chicago to Tampa has been cancelled. We don't go until August and booked a customised package or flights, car hire and hotel. Where do I stand? will they replace the flight without extra cost? I have a premier inn booked for heathrow the night before we leave but haven't as yet committed to any other expenses. That said I am sure I wouldn't be able to get anything to replace the deal we got for our budget so I really don't want to cancel. Has anybody got any experience you can share? I don't know what I'm within my rights to ask for
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Yes they will book you an alternative flight
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

This happened to us with BA in 2017. We were originally booked to fly with AA but after ended up flying with aer lingus.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They will book you an alternative flight. Have a look at what else is available by doing a dummy booking on the BA website. We had this last October where they cancelled the Fort Lauderdale flight, so when I called I asked to be put on the direct Miami flight, which suited as meant we were flying into Heathrow and we live 15 mins away.

They also cancelled our flight home from Miami this August, we booked the cheapest option home which was 23.15 so not ideal, they changed us to the 8.45 which was the most expensive option but much more convenient both times it was done free of charge and they sorted the car hire.

I would be asking if they can put you on the direct Tampa flight if you can, that's just me though!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024

Edited at 07:05 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like it is AA that have cancelled your flight BA but BA will give you options. They might even offer you direct to Tampa from LGW if it suits you and flights are available.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
This happened to us a few years ago. We were due to fly LGW-DUB-MCO when the LGW-DUB flight time got changed which meant we wouldn’t make the connection. BA put us on the direct LGW-MCO flight instead. It did take a day or so for the changes to feed through to the BA system from Aer Lingus.
Old 1 Mar 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you all so much for the quick replies! I felt armed with what was possible and they have changed us to direct flights to and from Gatwick! Delighted. Tried to change us to just the outgoing direct from Gatwick but then would have needed to get back to the car at Gatwick from heathrow. So they changed both! Only no pre-booked seats to deal with now but they assured me the children wouldn't be sat alone so I think I'll risk it. We don't mind sitting in 2 2's or even a 3 and a 1. Its a super budget trip so don't want to pay for them. Luckily it would appear I booked the premier inn at heathrow on a semi flex ticket so can even swap that for Gatwick without losing anything. Win win

Edited at 07:32 PM.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

This happened to us. Our connecting flight from Philadelphia to Miami was cancelled. BA changed our flights to direct. Very happy with that result! ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
Thank you all so much for the quick replies! I felt armed with what was possible and they have changed us to direct flights to and from Gatwick! Delighted. Tried to change us to just the outgoing direct from Gatwick but then would have needed to get back to the car at Gatwick from heathrow. So they changed both! Only no pre-booked seats to deal with now but they assured me the children wouldn't be sat alone so I think I'll risk it. We don't mind sitting in 2 2's or even a 3 and a 1. Its a super budget trip so don't want to pay for them. Luckily it would appear I booked the premier inn at heathrow on a semi flex ticket so can even swap that for Gatwick without losing anything. Win win
Exact same happened to us for our Christmas ‘19 flights.
Our original flights were indirect LHR-MIA-TPA; far cheaper than the direct TPA flights.

AA cancelled our inbound TPA-MIA flight so I called them & asked to be moved to the direct LGW-TPA flight both ways even though it was selling for £1000 that day than what we paid.
No problem was the answer; when the airline cancels your flight, the passenger has the automatic right to move to any other flight without charge as long as the original & new departure & arrival airports are within 300 miles of each other.

Plus, when he rebooked my car to the earlier arrival time, due to a current sale, the car hire price had dropped by £100 which BA gave back to me!

Plus, was able to cancel our Heathrow parking without penalty & Gatwick Parking was £50 cheaper!

Very happy 😃

Edited at 10:23 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
...when the airline cancels your flight, the passenger has the automatic right to move to any other flight without charge as long as the original & new departure & arrival airports are within 300 miles of each other.
They can just give you a refund if they give you enough notice. Never heard of the 300 mile limit before but most decent airlines will allow you to go any reasonable route to get to your destination in the same cabin class for no extra cost.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List