Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Apr 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Is Beach club worth £1200 more for a fortnight than AKL

Opinions please, assuming free dining is released we are hoping to book for next summer. This will be our 4th onsite stay and we have stayed at 3 different hotels so far, CBR, POFQ and AKL. We were happy with all of them, loved FQ slightly more than CBR and AKL slightly more than FQ. DDP is essential for us so there is very little difference in price between those 3 for next year. Ideally we would like to try a new hotel and my youngest is desperate to try Beach club, that lazy river has him sold but at almost £100 a night more is it worth it? Please give me your experiences, is the pool busy mid afternoon? Do you feel on view, when we visited for beaches and cream there seemed to be a lot of visitors viewing the pool. Is Epcot walking distance in reality? Hollywood studios? Do the rooms have balconies, is there a good QS place? Any other advantages or disadvantages we should consider. Thanks in advance
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Beach club is great but not worth 1200 more in my opinion
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
julesy1
I want to go now!

Mobile

Hi, we have stayed at Beach Club, AKL and POFQ and would return to all 3. Price isn’t really the deciding factor for us it’s a about what do you want from your holiday. We love the walk to Epcot and Boardwalk from Beach Club and the table service restaurants are 👍👍 but lacking in quick service inside the hotel which can be annoying after a long park day when you want Disney nuggets! We’re staying at Yacht Club next year as want the ability to walk to a park again after staying at POFQ (which we loved too!)

Planning 2020...
julesy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Beach club is lovely
EPCOT and Studios walkable yes
Reasonable QS yes
Not all rooms have balconies , however they do at the adjacent Yacht Club which is essentially the other wing of the building
Never found the pool busy but obviously you may find in US school holiday time that might be different
I prefer BC to AKL but no it’s not worth an extra £100 a night ... for an AKL budget I’d look at OKW instead .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I love the Beach Club (I have DVC there) but I wouldn't pay an extra £100 a night for it above AKL.
We stay on the villa side but most of the hotel rooms do have a balcony or terrace but some of them are very small.
It's a 5 min walk to Epcot, 20-30 to HS but there's also the boat or skyliner too.
The pool can be pretty busy most of the time.
QS is mediocre but there's always Epcot.
If you really want to try the pool, maybe consider a split stay with a couple of nights at the end there - maybe rent DVC.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Have stayed at both and we love the location of BC, but wouldn’t pay £1200 for the privilege.
Old 10 Apr 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Beach Club is very nice, but prefer Boardwalk.

Pool at Beach Club can get very busy at peak US times. Most of time OK though. For example at Xmas we struggled to find loungers.

Not a big fan of AKL personally, it’s a v nice hotel but felt very cut off, with no ability to walk or run anywhere- important for us. A nice walking path to the park would change my opinion of it entirely.

When at BC or Boardwalk we basically eat QS in Epcot as you can be inside in 10-15 mins at World Showcase.

An added advantage to BC now is Skyliner basically 5 mins walk outside.

Edited at 08:26 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Even if the Beach Club was cheaper we would still stay at AKL. There is something about staying at the BC we didn't like.

If you are prepared to pay £1200 extra to stay at BC with free dining at least you can afford to stay at AKL without it if its not released which is looking highly likely it won't.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

It’s a lot of money, but for me I would have to say yes. The location is unbeatable and whilst not every room has a balcony you can request one. We prefer yacht club as every room has a balcony. It’s all down to personal preference and budget but I would be going for it. I haven’t stayed at AKL before but we dined there last summer, it felt very dark and not welcoming (to us anyway). We always said we would stay there one day, but this put us off, especially as we fell in love with yacht club
Old 11 Apr 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I haven't stayed at AKL but I have stayed at BC. I did a split say, first half of my trip at POFQ and second half at BC. I thought POFQ was far, far better than BC and POFQ is a moderate. The only good thing about BC is Epcot World Showcase being on the doorstep.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List