Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Sep 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Should I be nervous about August 2021

I am looking at flights for our holiday next year and in the BA sale the flydrive prices in the sale are around £400 cheaper than we paid last time we went.

I am just a little bit nervous about booking anything for next August - should I be or am I worrying for nothing. Everything I look at seems to have Covid insurance and its only the deposit anyway.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
I am looking at flights for our holiday next year and in the BA sale the flydrive prices in the sale are around £400 cheaper than we paid last time we went.

I am just a little bit nervous about booking anything for next August - should I be or am I worrying for nothing. Everything I look at seems to have Covid insurance and its only the deposit anyway.
I have booked a US holiday for April I am not nervous
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Nervous about what?

Disney332
Old 2 Sep 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

I've booked for June. If things are still in a bad way the tour operator will cancel it and I'll get a refund. Nothing to lose
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I've booked deposit only so nothing to lose but can gain some semblance of normality and my sanity by getting back to planning and looking forward to some sun and fun 😁
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Check the terms and what is meant by Covid insurance. In many cases it’s insurance if you get Covid whilst on holiday; it may Not cover you if you need to cancel due to having Covid, needing to isolate or the US remaining on the no fly risk.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DM275011
Getting Excited

I have booked with BA for next July/August. I went for it in the end as it was significantly cheaper than this year was going to be, the balance doesn't have to be paid until 3 weeks before departure and it can be cancelled before that for a full refund. Seemed a "no brainer" really. I would rather lock the price in now than book just before and it cost me double.
DM275011 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DM275011 View Post
I have booked with BA for next July/August. I went for it in the end as it was significantly cheaper than this year was going to be, the balance doesn't have to be paid until 3 weeks before departure and it can be cancelled before that for a full refund. Seemed a "no brainer" really. I would rather lock the price in now than book just before and it cost me double.
We are going in August too and have done the same. We did purchase an additional travel insurance policy today from Staysure to cover us for covid cancellation and they were fab and not horrifically priced either. Let the planning commence!
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Not nervous- Just hopeful! We cancelled this year and moved to next August. Deposit only paid. Decided that even if masks/ some restrictions still in place as long as travel allowed to US we will go.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have a cruise booked pre-corona so are looking at flights now. Weirdly the Miami flights are stupidly expensive for our dates but only a slight amount more for business! But we have to pay in full. So here's hoping everything will be OK by then!
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List