Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Dec 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Car hire with Andy at DFCH

I have now booked a hire car with Andy at DFCH

Booked an economy vehicle ( only the 2 of us) for £316 for 16 nights plus £40 top up insurance with budget.

Beats the £600+ price I was looking at

Good to have something in place and if the prices come down I can always cancel and rebook

The prices aren't on his website yet but if you message him he usually responds pretty quick
mike4scuba is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Sounds good!
How did you contact Andy? Has he an email?
Have a great trip!😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

discountfloridacarhire/
Contact details top right.
We always use Andy too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
I have now booked a hire car with Andy at DFCH

Booked an economy vehicle ( only the 2 of us) for £316 for 16 nights plus £40 top up insurance with budget.

Beats the £600+ price I was looking at

Good to have something in place and if the prices come down I can always cancel and rebook

The prices aren't on his website yet but if you message him he usually responds pretty quick
What’s the dates?
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
What’s the dates?
10th to 26th sept 2021
mike4scuba is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

Have booked with Andy for 2022 and he has been brilliant. What's topup insurance for?
m3gt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Andy is great , so helpful when I looked to cancel this year . I will be using him again for sure
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
About 2 years ago I had an offensive post on here suggesting that I was on the take from Andy as I was always praising his service. Soon put her back in her box - I don't tolerate cowardly keyboard warriors easily.

The simple fact is that Andy provides unparalleled customer service. Even if he's a bit out on price he will try his best to match or beat. We've used him 6 or 7 times in the last four years. Sadly two this year now rolled over to 2021 - we hope.

I pose two questions regularly on here.

How many brokers other than Andy come on here when Dibbers have trouble booking or cancelling with the likes of Alamo Brits? Answer - none. Don't recall any other broker helping out on here especially if you haven't booked with them.

Secondly how many Dibbers have received emails from their car hire brokers asking if they'd like a refund in these troubled times. Only from Andy I believe. We rolled April 2020 to November 2020 then again to April 2021 - we hope.

Compare with the dozen or more threads I've read this year about people struggling to get money back from other well known companies.

Mick
Old 19 Dec 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by m3gt2 View Post
Have booked with Andy for 2022 and he has been brilliant. What's topup insurance for?
I've never booked Budget but maybe for lost keys or mis-fuelling but I've never taken it

Mick
Old 19 Dec 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
About 2 years ago I had an offensive post on here suggesting that I was on the take from Andy as I was always praising his service. Soon put her back in her box - I don't tolerate cowardly keyboard warriors easily.

The simple fact is that Andy provides unparalleled customer service. Even if he's a bit out on price he will try his best to match or beat. We've used him 6 or 7 times in the last four years. Sadly two this year now rolled over to 2021 - we hope.

I pose two questions regularly on here.

How many brokers other than Andy come on here when Dibbers have trouble booking or cancelling with the likes of Alamo Brits? Answer - none. Don't recall any other broker helping out on here especially if you haven't booked with them.

Secondly how many Dibbers have received emails from their car hire brokers asking if they'd like a refund in these troubled times. Only from Andy I believe. We rolled April 2020 to November 2020 then again to April 2021 - we hope.

Compare with the dozen or more threads I've read this year about people struggling to get money back from other well known companies.

Mick
Go Mick !
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List