Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 13, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Tesco Clubcard to Virgin Miles

does anyone know if you can send clubcard vouchers to more than one virgin flying club account?
Old 26 Sep 13, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post

We would like to know the answer to this too.

I booked my next holiday last weekend with Virgin and they told me that they are stopping the clubcard holiday tokens soon and as we always have enough to put towards our holidays with them (£2100) we are gutted!

We thought about the virgin airmiles as an alternative but it isn't clear how it can work for multiple people with their own airmile accounts
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

The other week at nearly midnight we did this. You select the value you that you wish to transfer and it asks for your flying club number complete the transaction and then repeat the process as a new transaction. We had no problem and found the miles were in both our accounts the following morning.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
The other week at nearly midnight we did this. You select the value you that you wish to transfer and it asks for your flying club number complete the transaction and then repeat the process as a new transaction. We had no problem and found the miles were in both our accounts the following morning.
that's great, thanks
I want to put some into my hubby's account as well this time as he has 13,000 miles sitting in there and want to make it 25,000 to be ready for the next reward flight sale
I didn't want to have to transfer his miles into my account as that would cost us money! - I wish they would do a household account like avios so you could combine them without faffing about
Old 26 Sep 13, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Redriva View Post
that's great, thanks
I want to put some into my hubby's account as well this time as he has 13,000 miles sitting in there and want to make it 25,000 to be ready for the next reward flight sale
I didn't want to have to transfer his miles into my account as that would cost us money! - I wish they would do a household account like avios so you could combine them without faffing about
I haven't done it myself, but apparently so long as you have the other persons permission you can pool the points together when you make the booking. I assume that you would have to make the booking over the phone for this.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
I haven't done it myself, but apparently so long as you have the other persons permission you can pool the points together when you make the booking. I assume that you would have to make the booking over the phone for this.
that's interesting, thanks! .. wish they would tell you this stuff
although if I can top his up with clubcard vouchers I think its probably the best way to go still...
I prefer to book online and being able to confirm what I am getting right there and then as I've had more than a few problems booking things on the phone and then finding out something was done wrong when I got the paperwork later

Edited at 03:56 PM.
Redriva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Yes thats correct we did this on our recent booking and they were very helpful. Now I,m just putting all our miles onto my account to make it easier in future..
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I love the Dibb

There is always someone asking great questions and lots of Dibbers with great advice
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Redriva View Post
that's interesting, thanks! .. wish they would tell you this stuff
although if I can top his up with clubcard vouchers I think its probably the best way to go still...
I prefer to book online and being able to confirm what I am getting right there and then as I've had more than a few problems booking things on the phone and then finding out something was done wrong when I got the paperwork later
If you book online using your points and your husband's points, wouldn't you have to make two separate bookings?
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 13, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

If you book online using your points and your husband's points, wouldn't you have to make two separate bookings?
yep. but that's not a problem .. I have done it before and just call them up and ask them to link the bookings .. and just pick seats together at online check-in

its a better option than paying to transfer his miles to my account
Closed Thread