Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 16, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Wearing pyjamas on the school run?

There was a discussion on the radio this morning about a headteacher at a Darlington school who has written to parents asking them not to wear pyjamas and slippers when taking/collecting their children from school. A poll was set up during the show and the majority agreed with the school but there were a few who defended the right to wear whatever they liked. I can see both sides but I'm in agreement with the school (I think ) How would you vote?
Old 27 Jan 16, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I agree with the school too...there's just no need to turn up at school in your jammies.Get your #### out of bed a bit earlier and throw some clothes on. Most people manage to do just that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I think this must be a local area thing, as I have never seen anyone doing it here.
I wouldn't vote on it, if someone wants to look ridiculous on the school run (or at the shops etc) it's up to them.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I that's what they want to do, it's not hurting anyone each to their own but the school I think has the right to request people are dressed on their property. I just just don't understand why anyone would want to take their kids to school in there pjs, why embarrass the kids? My 6 year old would not be impressed if I turned up in my pjs. having said that I've never seen anyone at his school in their night dress dropping kids off haha. It's pretty easy to bung some clothes on.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

Unless you have a newborn, I would agree with the school,

Susannah x
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Does it really matter how you take your kids to school.
We get up at 6 am I sort breakfast for my daughter and make sure she has everything for her day. I generally do some house work whilst she getting sorted. I then in my PJs drop her at the bus stop at 7.40am ( these I must add I do not wear in bed - I put these on when I get up)
I come home and get ready for my day!
I would not walk to the bus stop in my PJs or go to the supermarket 😀
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

whilst its pretty unclassy to wear PJs on the school run...(even worse collecting after school and your STILL in PJ's) i cant see how the school can dictate what you do/dont wear?

fwiw never seen this at school but have in sainsburys & once a woman came into a pub locally @20:00 in dressing gown & slippers

Edited at 11:25 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post

Susannah x
Newborn or not,I still think you should be able to get dressed before going to drop other kids off at school. Most of us have been there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Although people should be able to wear what they want I do agree with the school. Not sure it sends a great message to your kids about getting to places on time and looking appropriate which is what they have to get used to for school and then work.
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post

Susannah x
I can't see what difference that makes? I was always dressed to take my kids to school newborn or not.