Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Apr 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsyone
Earning My Ears

First Timers. Draft Plan.

Hello all. First time posting on here. We are finally heading to Orlando in June. We are myself & DH and our 3 teens DD1 (19), DS (17), DD2 (13). We are flying into JFK and spending the first 5 nights in NYC and then heading down to Orlando for 2 glorious weeks! I would really appreciate if you could have a look at my first draft itinerary for the Orlando part of our trip. We are not doing Disney, focusing on Universal as big HP fans. Booked DC as a treat so the Seaworld/BG/Aquatica tickets are through that. Staying in a villa in Davenport. Husband has walking issue so have tried to plan rest days as am conscious of the amount of walking for him. We will be after 5 full on days in NYC so need a gentle start to the Orlando part. The only things set in stone are Discovery Cove and the night at HRH.
Sat 22nd June: Arrive in MCO from La Guardia at 19.46. Pick up rental car. Find Villa!
Sun 23rd June: Breakfast Out. Grocery Shopping. Villa & Pool. Possibly Universal that eve?
Mon 24th: Seaworld.
Tues 25th: Check into HRH early (for early access and FOLP) at Universal. Harry Potter Rides! PM Wet Rides.
Weds 26th: Check out HRH. Early entry Universal. Back to Villa.
Thurs 27th: Rest Day/Villa/Outlets/Dinner out
Fri 28th: Volcano Bay AM. Machine Gun America PM (for boys)
Sat 29th: Gatorland AM / Airboat Ride PM
Sun 30th: KSC. Cocoa Beach for dinner and sunset?
Mon 1st July: Rest Day/Waterpark-Volcano bay again or Aquatica
Tues 2nd: Busch Garden/Big Cat Rescue
Weds 3rd: Park Day-Universal
Thurs 4th: Discovery Cove
Fri 5th: Last Full Day. Any last requests!
Sat 6th: Check out of Villa. Universal in AM maybe. Flight at 17.13

I would really appreciate any feedback. Love reading all your trip reports, they have kept me going for many years while saving for this trip!
mumsyone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mumsyone View Post
Hello all. First time posting on here. We are finally heading to Orlando in June. We are myself & DH and our 3 teens DD1 (19), DS (17), DD2 (13). We are flying into JFK and spending the first 5 nights in NYC and then heading down to Orlando for 2 glorious weeks! I would really appreciate if you could have a look at my first draft itinerary for the Orlando part of our trip. We are not doing Disney, focusing on Universal as big HP fans. Booked DC as a treat so the Seaworld/BG/Aquatica tickets are through that. Staying in a villa in Davenport. Husband has walking issue so have tried to plan rest days as am conscious of the amount of walking for him. We will be after 5 full on days in NYC so need a gentle start to the Orlando part. The only things set in stone are Discovery Cove and the night at HRH.
Sat 22nd June: Arrive in MCO from La Guardia at 19.46. Pick up rental car. Find Villa!
Sun 23rd June: Breakfast Out. Grocery Shopping. Villa & Pool. Possibly Universal that eve?
Mon 24th: Seaworld.
Tues 25th: Check into HRH early (for early access and FOLP) at Universal. Harry Potter Rides! PM Wet Rides.
Weds 26th: Check out HRH. Early entry Universal. Back to Villa.
Thurs 27th: Rest Day/Villa/Outlets/Dinner out
Fri 28th: Volcano Bay AM. Machine Gun America PM (for boys)
Sat 29th: Gatorland AM / Airboat Ride PM
Sun 30th: KSC. Cocoa Beach for dinner and sunset?
Mon 1st July: Rest Day/Waterpark-Volcano bay again or Aquatica
Tues 2nd: Busch Garden/Big Cat Rescue
Weds 3rd: Park Day-Universal
Thurs 4th: Discovery Cove
Fri 5th: Last Full Day. Any last requests!
Sat 6th: Check out of Villa. Universal in AM maybe. Flight at 17.13

I would really appreciate any feedback. Love reading all your trip reports, they have kept me going for many years while saving for this trip!
Hi and welcome to the DIBB, your trip sounds fantastic. One of the good things about planning a trip without Disney, is that plans can change much more easily as the holiday goes on, so only a rough plan is needed. Do your children like rollercoasters? If they do then Busch Gardens is maybe worth a second day, as is SeaWorld. Also you may want to move your Discovery Cove day to more the middle of your holiday, if the weather is awful on your day then there will be no possibility of rearranging it. I hope you all have a fantastic holiday
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsyone
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Thanks THECRAZYMOUSE! I am going to show the family the plan once I get some feedback and see what they think. Absolutely, if people love Sea world or BG then we can certainly visit more than once! I agree 're Discovery Cove. I picked that date as it's 4 th of July and I figured everywhere else would be packed but DC numbers are limited. We will have to keep the fingers crossed that the weather holds up. Thanks again.
mumsyone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

Sounds like a good plan. Just one suggestion, thinking about your husband's walking issues perhaps swap your SeaWorld day with the 28th or 29th? As there will be a lot of walking for 3 days consecutively at SeaWorld then 2 universal days. Have an amazing time
Old 5 Apr 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mumsyone
Earning My Ears

Thanks Xcited. Yes, we will have to see how DH leg is after NYC and we might need to take it easy that day. Good suggestion, much appreciated.
Old 5 Apr 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Hi mumsyone

Fantastic plan - though I would consider doing Clearwater (west coast) for the sunset after Busch Gardens.

Love that you're doing DC at the back end of the hol. We used our last full day for DC last time and it was the perfect end to our time away together. This time we're going a few days before we leave due to circumstances but I'd rather have left it to last again.

Have a gorgeous trip!
Old 5 Apr 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsyone
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post
Hi mumsyone

Fantastic plan - though I would consider doing Clearwater (west coast) for the sunset after Busch Gardens.

Love that you're doing DC at the back end of the hol. We used our last full day for DC last time and it was the perfect end to our time away together. This time we're going a few days before we leave due to circumstances but I'd rather have left it to last again.

Have a gorgeous trip!
Thanks a million! I will have a look at the maps so and rethink the beach plan. People might have no interest in the Big Cat Rescue was just a thought. I think the drive to KSC and a day there will be tiring enough so maybe the beach is pushing it with a long drive back after. So thanks for that.