Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 May 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile Indoor security camera - Nest / Blink / Hive / Ring

Thinking about getting some indoor cameras (2 or 3) which will come in handy for various reasons.

Anyone have any first hand advice or recommendations?
Old 18 May 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Not indoor cameras but I have various Ring products that all work really well. As long as you have decent WiFi they do a great job. Easy to set up and great support if you get stuck. Costco have started selling Ring products so may be cheaper there. If you wanting to combine them with a smart hub I think they play better with Alexa as the company were bought out by Amazon.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We have a Nest doorbell camera. We are happy with it - although it alerts us to foxes and cats walking across our garden during the night - no problem for me as I leave my phone downstairs so it doesn't disturb me. You can turn the motion alert off but I want to know if someone is on my property.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

depends what you actually want to achieve. If you want a basic web cam which is not too large and has night vision then this digoo maybe all you need LINK
Generally less then £15 each.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

I gave Wansview internal cameras, very good for the price, wireless and easy to repack and move via a phone app.

amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
depends what you actually want to achieve. If you want a basic web cam which is not too large and has night vision then this digoo maybe all you need LINK
Generally less then £15 each.
Thanks - am after something that we can add other cameras/security devices too over time.
Currently in the Google camp with a few smart devices (not security related), but household does also use Apple devices.

Really after a cost effective solution too as seeing that some of the main brand ones also need a monthly subscription for additional storage
Old 18 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
I gave Wansview internal cameras, very good for the price, wireless and easy to repack and move via a phone app.

amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks - will check it out. Didn't see storage options on reading...but will double check
Old 18 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I've a nest in the utility room to keep an eye on the dogs when we are out they sleep all the time apart from when the door bell goes or the post man comes can checkmtahe onnthe security system
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve got 3 types of indoor cameras.

We have a Logitech one which only records when there is motion. It keeps the motion on there for 24 hours for free or you can pay to keep them for longer. (Around £140)

We have two belkin ones which you have to pay to record any motion and the paid for service only records as a timelapse. (About £80 each)

We also have two Wyze Cams which are from America. On these you can record and keep any motion but you have to put a memory card in. It records all the time but tells you about ‘events’ so you can search for the motion. ($20 plus £8 import)

I prefer the Logitech style of motion recording but the Wyze Cams are really good for the value.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
We have a Nest doorbell camera. We are happy with it - although it alerts us to foxes and cats walking across our garden during the night - no problem for me as I leave my phone downstairs so it doesn't disturb me. You can turn the motion alert off but I want to know if someone is on my property.
May I ask if you have other Nest devices also connected ? If so do they work together when detection on one is activated?