Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 30 May 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I hope you have a lovely relaxing time but I would need to visit some parks. I agree with young kids universal can seem a waste- how about Lego land or sea world . I would also be spending less time shopping and at hotels and more time doing activities. Orlando has so much going on. If its a no park trip then do things like Gaterland, Crayola experience etc. I can lie by a pool and shop on a cheap package holiday to Spain. If in Orlando make sure you experience it.

Edited at 09:03 AM.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Just to clarify, the shopping aspect is literally 25 minutes in character warehouse tops then on to enjoy the rest of the day!
Also, if it is the same price we will always opt for Florida over The Canaries, as we know it so well and love it.
The boys are just as happy on the monorail or a boat ride as they are inside a park, so its just not worth the ever increasing cost of tickets for this year. The character hit we will be getting at the character breakfasts.
Japan 2021 we will all be doing Tokyo Disney, both parks.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021

Edited at 09:09 AM.
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd View Post
Just to clarify, the shopping aspect is literally 25 minutes in character warehouse tops then on to enjoy the rest of the day!
Also, if it is the same price we will always opt for Florida over The Canaries, as we know it so well and love it.
The boys are just as happy on the monorail or a boat ride as they are inside a park, so its just not worth the ever increasing cost of tickets for this year. The character hit we will be getting at the character breakfasts.
Japan 2021 we will all be doing Tokyo Disney, both parks.
Your boys are so young I don't really think they'd even be aware of not going to the parks.
If you did fancy something else then places like the Crayola Experience, Sea Life centre or Legoland could be good for something a bit of a different day out. I believe there's a waterpark at Legoland too, which could be a fun change. You can often pick up bargain tickets or Groupons for them too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

We looked at the Crayola experience on Youtube and it seems fun. I think the annual pass is only a few dollars more than than a one day entry so we could do that and go a couple of times.
Looking forward to Dolphin Watching at Clearwater and we will definitely add a few more activities as we discover them. A waterpark will be a nice day out.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

I suppose if it were me I’d not have such a detailed itinerary. I’d decide on the things I’d like to do and play it by ear when out there.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
I suppose if it were me I’d not have such a detailed itinerary. I’d decide on the things I’d like to do and play it by ear when out there.
The itinerary is just a way to order things into 'Car' and 'No Car' weeks, and get an idea of what we want to do, it will be stuck to as robustly as 10%.
We'd be a very weird family to stick stringently to an itinerary for a non-park holiday

Old 4 Jun 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

This looks good, we are at Cabana Bay in August with no car but plan to do the universal parks as my youngest is now tall enough and a thrill seeker. I'm really hoping for some relaxing pool days this year. The price for this holiday worked out cheaper than Turkey or cyprus and i know where i would rather be
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3
Excited about Disney

I think your plan is great. I always think we’re always too busy on a park based holiday to appreciate the fantastic hotel and pool facilities.
Besides I can’t think of anything less relaxing than a pool holiday in the canaries. With a 3yr old and a 1yr old you wouldn’t be able to take your eyes off them for a second!
Goofy3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

I love your day 2. A pool day is the best way to start a Florida vacation (IMO).

Day 3 at Disney Springs – my young ones have enjoyed it every time we’ve been. (Of course when we go with the older ones, we do it differently, but there are so many activities for young ones, too.)

You know about the boats that bring you to DS from the resorts. Your boys might fancy a ride whilst at DS.

For those who aren’t sure, DS is a great place for young kids. There’s the fossil digsite at T-Rex (not only for restaurant guests), the train and the carousel in the marketplace, the cupcake ATM at Sprinkles bakery, tenpin bowling at Splitsville (although you’ll have easier access to bowling at Cabana Bay), and the splash pad (and a change of clothes for the boys – ha ha ha).

Do they still have the shows with the birds in front of Rainforest Café?

Animal Kingdom Lodge – we took a five year old on a day trip without park tickets. She loved the drum activity, some group kid dancing, watching the feeding of the flamingos, and at night we used the night vision goggles to watch the animals. Throw in a meal here and it’s definitely worth a visit!

Boardwalk – my kids have enjoyed the four-wheel bike rentals and the ice cream shoppe. An absolute win.

I like your plan. You’re going to have loads of fun.