Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jun 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
I think it’s better news for offsite guests than onsite.

You’re guaranteed at least 1 tier ride by prebooking and have equal chance with onsite guests of getting more.

There’s going to be availability on the day. Get there early, get a good strategy for using up your 3 prebooks and tier one will be open again. There’ll be availability probably until early afternoon. It’s the old system
Yes I guess this is a more positive way of looking at it.

Surely no one will be booking Fantasmic FPs now though as will prevent you from booking anything else for the rest of the day!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I didn’t know anything about this. Will need to go and investigate! What if I only book 1 fast pass instead of 3 then do the 1 on the day, could I then get another tier 1 Fastpass? (Not sure that makes sense?)

Lisa_Lollipop is right, I bet there won’t be many people booking Fantasmic FP? It makes more sense to do a dinner package now if onsite?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I didn’t know anything about this. Will need to go and investigate! What if I only book 1 fast pass instead of 3 then do the 1 on the day, could I then get another tier 1 Fastpass? (Not sure that makes sense?)

Lisa_Lollipop is right, I bet there won’t be many people booking Fantasmic FP? It makes more sense to do a dinner package now if onsite?

Kat
My understanding is that you have to have used your allocated 3 pre-book ones (one tier 1 and two tier 2) before you can then book additional tier 1 on the day. If that makes sense!

(When we were there a couple of years back I cancelled a Star Tours FP on the day as we weren't going to use it and I didn't want it to go to waste but then couldn't book any additional tier FPs as we hadn't used our allocated tier 2s... I should have just let it expire rather than be nice and cancel it!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
My understanding is that you have to have used your allocated 3 pre-book ones (one tier 1 and two tier 2) before you can then book additional tier 1 on the day. If that makes sense!

(When we were there a couple of years back I cancelled a Star Tours FP on the day as we weren't going to use it and I didn't want it to go to waste but then couldn't book any additional tier FPs as we hadn't used our allocated tier 2s... I should have just let it expire rather than be nice and cancel it!)
It’s all getting so blummin complicated. I like to consider myself pretty Disney informed (although not as much as some Dibbers) but I wonder how people manage if they don’t know all this stuff!... probably living in blissful ignorance no doubt. 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
It’s all getting so blummin complicated. I like to consider myself pretty Disney informed (although not as much as some Dibbers) but I wonder how people manage if they don’t know all this stuff!... probably living in blissful ignorance no doubt. 😂

Kat
Haha I do sometimes feel quite envious of the people who just turn up blissfully unaware of all the planning that some of us do... what a simpler approach!
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Selfishly as a DVC member who always stays on site I am disappointed with the changes.

I have zero interest in shows and use my FP for ToT and RR as well as a toy story land headliner.

To have to make a choice of one will be difficult.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm sure this is temporary. Hopefully next year, Tier 1 will be both GE rides, Mickey & Minnie Railway, and all other rides in Tier 2 (I can dream!)
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

This change is clearly designed in response to the expected number of people who will be in HS to ensure everyone gets at least one ride. Lots of people will be booking little mermaid and dance party as they are early.
Wonder what meet and greets tiers are.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I'm sure this is temporary. Hopefully next year, Tier 1 will be both GE rides, Mickey & Minnie Railway, and all other rides in Tier 2 (I can dream!)
I was hoping that too!
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

So I’m not going to lie I don’t fully understand the whole tier system with FP but for the little understanding I do have our whole trip to Disney just seems to be getting more and more complicated and I’m actually considering not bothering with Disney at all.

You go on holiday to have fun with your family not spend months panicking and planning your days to the minutest detail then when those days finally arrive spend the time stressing about if you’ve done it right and getting your phone out constantly to move things about to get more options.

Admittedly I’ve had a bad day so may feel differently in the morning but right now Disney just seems to be so much effort and money for potentially very little reward 😔
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List