Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jun 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

crowd calendar

So we are nearing our next fp window and I am unsure which parks to try on which days as we are there over the SWGE opening period - this was not what we were expecting when we booked late summer! Can anyone recommend a website or two that gives an idea of which park is best (least crowded) on which day? touring plans do these but I don't have a subscription and the free window doesn't cover our dates yet. I appreciate these sites are never 100% accurate but I would love to avoid some of the chaos if we can . Do you find the one on here the most reliable?

Edited at 06:13 PM.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We have always sworn by the busy day guide on here although it’s hard to plan with it this year as due to the additional EMH at DHS, MK and AK every day of our trip it puts every one of these parks automatically as least recommended! It’s so hard to know what to expect with GE opening (we too booked thinking we would be there before it opened!). I am planning somewhat blindly and hoping for the best!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

You know...I think it makes little difference at peak times. It’s ALWAYS busy!

Just use the EMH, get those fast passes booked and avoid busiest part of day by spreading park visits out over your holiday. Don’t take a day off...just spend AM or evening at park using fast passes then out!). Suppose if you can avoid weekends in parks that’s always a good idea...maybe a saturday in discovery cove?
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
You know...I think it makes little difference at peak times. It’s ALWAYS busy!

Just use the EMH, get those fast passes booked and avoid busiest part of day by spreading park visits out over your holiday. Don’t take a day off...just spend AM or evening at park using fast passes then out!). Suppose if you can avoid weekends in parks that’s always a good idea...maybe a saturday in discovery cove?

we are there saturday-saturday for 2 weeks and the middle weekend we are on a 3 day cruise. That is the weekend GE opens and according to the busy day guide everyday in the following week MK, HA and AK are all the worst parks to visit. We thought going in late august would be nice and quiet
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

When they opened on California I hear it wasn’t so bad...lot of people got frightened off by talk of queues. You may be OK! Whatever, you’ll have a great time!
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
we are there saturday-saturday for 2 weeks and the middle weekend we are on a 3 day cruise. That is the weekend GE opens and according to the busy day guide everyday in the following week MK, HA and AK are all the worst parks to visit. We thought going in late august would be nice and quiet
As I mentioned in my previous post, because of the additional EMH in DHS, MK and AK every day following the opening of Galaxy's Edge these parks are automatically shown as being least recommended every day... I am taking it all with a pinch of salt and just hoping for the best!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

I can really recommend Touringplans. Their guide was really accurate when we went. They also do a lines app which will show which is the next available FP to book along with wait times in an easy format.

An example of this was when our pre booked FP for Haunted mansion was in 20 minutes but standby was only 10 minutes. We wanted to ride POTC but that was 45 minute standby. There was a FP to book for POTC in 30 mins. We were able to switch & ride both with minimal wait.
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by belle&tink View Post
I can really recommend Touringplans. Their guide was really accurate when we went. They also do a lines app which will show which is the next available FP to book along with wait times in an easy format.

An example of this was when our pre booked FP for Haunted mansion was in 20 minutes but standby was only 10 minutes. We wanted to ride POTC but that was 45 minute standby. There was a FP to book for POTC in 30 mins. We were able to switch & ride both with minimal wait.
Thank you for your post! I've been planning my days via the touring plans crowd calendar but I was nervous that the busy guide for here seems so drastically different!
I will have to look for the lines app as that sounds like it could be useful!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all your many helpful replies, I am now slightly less worried about getting the FPs we want, am thinking we may just need to take advantage of all the extra hours and keep our fingers crossed!