Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Jan 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
You aren’t cancelling and rebooking you are moving the dates. Not sure how it works when booking through an agent but if you book directly through Disney, moving dates is no issue (provided it falls within the same free DDP year), if the price decreases or stays the same you get charged £50 amendment fee, if the price increases, you don’t pay an amendment fee.
Yeah, i've changed dates with this company previously so unsure. Not inclined to use them again after this if i'm honest. I've emailed disney to check for me too
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

If you do amend your booking and £50 amendment fee is due, Disney will take it there and then. It doesn’t get rolled up into the holiday cost to pay later.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thanks everyone, this is really helpful. I don’t mind paying a nominal fee if Disney requires it (though if we move from moderate to deluxe then the price presumably won’t decrease), but I would like to keep free dining if possible, as we are foodies and will definitely use it. I will speak to the other family member and then call Disney on Monday. Thanks again!
Tiggerific2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Caljos
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Tiggerific2018 View Post
We currently have a reservation at Coronado Springs in October. When we booked we got free QS dining, and we paid to upgrade to the standard dining plan. Edit: we booked directly with Disney.

We booked CSR because it fit our budget and that of the family members we are travelling with, and seemed to have the least disruption from construction. After having done a lot more research, I am now regretting our hotel choice, and would like to move to a different resort (maybe AKL).

Since the free dining promotion is no longer happening, would we lose our free dining if we moved hotels? Upgrading to a deluxe hotel is doable, but less so if we also then have to pay for all of our meals (we would also have to pay for this for the other family members, as it’s only us that had the concern about CSR, so all costs would be doubled). Thank you.
If you can upgrade great. However don't be too concerned with the construction at CSR we stayed there in October, out accommodation was away from the work and tbh we really didn't notice it too much. We had another fab time staying at the CSR
Caljos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caljos View Post
If you can upgrade great. However don't be too concerned with the construction at CSR we stayed there in October, out accommodation was away from the work and tbh we really didn't notice it too much. We had another fab time staying at the CSR
This is actually really great to hear, thank you. I have three big concerns, and if you don’t mind then I would appreciate your thoughts.

Initially it looked like a great resort and as a frequent business traveller I liked the extra facilities that come with it being a convention hotel. As I read more, I have identified three concerns:
1. I was imagining business/professional conventions, but I’ve seen mention of frequent cheerleader conventions and associated problems in terms of noise and bad behaviour. I don’t want that, and I don’t want my 9 year old niece exposed to it either.

2. I have yet to see a good review of any of the restaurants, and am concerned that we will need to go elsewhere for breakfast, even on pool days.

3. I have read that the buses are packed and by the time they get to the main building, it could be standing room only. I’m disabled, so if that’s the case then I will need to take taxis instead, which adds more money that could be used to make up the difference between CSR and a deluxe.

My 4th issue is related to the construction, but it’s mostly my own fault - I don’t know whether we have booked the preferred rooms, which is what we are supposed to have booked. Again, this is to do with me being disabled and needing to minimise walking around the resort, but I’m not clear what I need to ask for in order to get a renovated room that meets my needs. But, as I say, that’s my fault, not Disney’s - the construction issues just add another layer of confusion!
Tiggerific2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've changed hotel twice since we booked in march...from CBR to OKW to AKL which we are now sticking with lol. Haven't lost any of the perks that we first booked with, but did have to pay a £50 admin charge for changing from 7 nights to 5. We booked direct with Disney.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I've changed hotel twice since we booked in march...from CBR to OKW to AKL which we are now sticking with lol. Haven't lost any of the perks that we first booked with, but did have to pay a £50 admin charge for changing from 7 nights to 5. We booked direct with Disney.
Perfect; thank you! I’m ok with paying £50 if we need to, though I suspect we won’t since we are trying to just upgrade the hotel. I would rather pay £50 than lose free dining, to be honest. Thank you!

Edit: Would you mind telling me why you changed your mind about OKW? That’s where my DVC-owner friend suggested we move to. I’m still leaning towards AKL though.

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Old 14 Jan 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't help with changing I'm afraid as I've only done it while the free dining promotion was still on.
Have you considered POFQ, it's a much smaller resort with only 1 bus stop, so hopefully buses not as busy, we always got a seat when we stayed there. Also a good food court if you plan on breakfast at the hotel and also the option of walking to riverside for another counter service and a table service restaurant.
OKW and SSR are also worth considering as they are both lovely resorts, we have stayed at OKW twice and going back this year, never had a problem with the buses, counter service not the best but then you have facilities in your room so we always make our own breakfast.
I'm probably the only one going to say this but AKL is my least favourite resort, our room was a long walk down a very long dark corridor, the pool was always very busy and noisy and again seemed along walk to get there, also felt the bus journeys seemed so much longer to the parks, just my opinion but i wouldn't choose to stay there again.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

OKW is pretty busy in October from what others have been saying so might well not be an option anyway, best to call and see what they can offer you

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiggerific2018 View Post
Perfect; thank you! I’m ok with paying £50 if we need to, though I suspect we won’t since we are trying to just upgrade the hotel. I would rather pay £50 than lose free dining, to be honest. Thank you!

Edit: Would you mind telling me why you changed your mind about OKW? That’s where my DVC-owner friend suggested we move to. I’m still leaning towards AKL though.
I originally changed as it was only £105 more to change to OKW than it was to pay for the upgraded dining at Caribbean Beach. I just thought OKW looked a bit 'meh' if you know what I mean? Nothing really stood out to us. The kids really wanted to stay at AKL so we managed to swap to that and make it affordable. Although, if the building work at CBR was finished, I would 100% be staying back at CBR, we adore it there! It's a hard choice I know, too many options!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List