Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jan 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Someone help with my dilemma!

So at the minute we're booked for 5 nights at AKL from 19th Aug. I was going thought park hours last night and ADRS, and worked out we will be spending very little time at AKL. It's £1000 more expensive than CBR. We originally booked CBR but the building work was nagging at me, and we loved CBR so much last time that I didn't want to stay there and hate it because of the work.

I'm sitting here thinking that it's an awful lot of money to pay for a hotel that we're not going to spend all that much time in (dd loved animals - which was why we swapped to AKL, but she's not paying for it lol)

I would happily swak back to CBR, but the building work does bother me slightly. Does anyone know how bad it's likely to be in August? I'm not bothered about the food court etc, more the noise/look of the place. I left a bit of me at CBR last year, so would
Love to visit again and the rooms were so big and comfy, but I'm in such a dilemma because I don't want to change to there and regret It?

Can anyone give me some opinions on how CBR is now, and would I be utterly mental to change from AKL, saving us £1000 which would pay for our villa & 1 night at HRH!
Help!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Maybe go for POFQ? It’s a lot of money for what is a short stay, and that money would give you a lot to spend on other things
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

How old is your DD and how would she feel about swapping?

I think sometimes magical moments are just that, moments. I don't think you need to be staring across the Savannah for 3 hours for it to be special.

But the theming of the hotel is pretty special. We are POR people. We love it, it is about the setting, the atmosphere and we only really use the room to shower, change, chill for an hour and sleeping. But the walk back to the room is special to us.

I think you have to remember why you chose AKL in the first place.

Yes, £1000 is a lot of money, but you budgeted for that in the first place.
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

By August I'd expect any major works to be done but the gondola construction will have started. I'd probably look at PO if you are rethinking if there is availability.
We've booked AKL as there wasn't much difference in price with PO once you added the DDP and it's a special trip so I'd also consider if TS meals are a consideration if you have booked with DDP (your figures will be different to ours as we are all adults whereas child meal prices affect your costing).
Whilst the whole CB thing was going on my thoughts were if I'd stayed at CB and loved it preconstruction then returning and experiencing it at less than its best would be more jarring than a first time stayer who didn't have those memories and was just taking it at "face value" as a nice resort with a cheaper price for the less than ideal views in places.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We stayed at AKL last August and absolutely loved the place. My only regret was in the 2 weeks there we didn't make full use of the resort. If I was to stay there again I would have some days just spent making full use of the facilities.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
We stayed at AKL last August and absolutely loved the place. My only regret was in the 2 weeks there we didn't make full use of the resort. If I was to stay there again I would have some days just spent making full use of the facilities.
I'm expecting to feel the same as we only have five nights there before moving toa villa.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
By August I'd expect any major works to be done but the gondola construction will have started. I'd probably look at PO if you are rethinking if there is availability.
We've booked AKL as there wasn't much difference in price with PO once you added the DDP and it's a special trip so I'd also consider if TS meals are a consideration if you have booked with DDP (your figures will be different to ours as we are all adults whereas child meal prices affect your costing).
Whilst the whole CB thing was going on my thoughts were if I'd stayed at CB and loved it preconstruction then returning and experiencing it at less than its best would be more jarring than a first time stayer who didn't have those memories and was just taking it at "face value" as a nice resort with a cheaper price for the less than ideal views in places.
I think that's my problem, and one of the reasons we changed it initially. We loved it so much, I was worried that all the work would really tain our memories of it. The negatives for me for AKL are that it's a hotel and I like the open outside walkways that CBR has, and also the buses/and the size of the hotel in terms of getting from one side of the other. All stuff I didn't think about before!

NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
I think that's half my problem, were I only there for 5 nights, so will pretty much be in the parks most of that time. If we were there longer if would be a whole different ballgame!

Old 15 Jan 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Potterer View Post
How old is your DD and how would she feel about swapping?

I think sometimes magical moments are just that, moments. I don't think you need to be staring across the Savannah for 3 hours for it to be special.

But the theming of the hotel is pretty special. We are POR people. We love it, it is about the setting, the atmosphere and we only really use the room to shower, change, chill for an hour and sleeping. But the walk back to the room is special to us.

I think you have to remember why you chose AKL in the first place.

Yes, £1000 is a lot of money, but you budgeted for that in the first place.
She's 12. My son is 10 and he doesn't really care where we stay as long as there's a bed, a pool & food! She wouldn't be happy if we changed it but she isn't paying for it!

The budget is being stretched to pay for AKL, and I think the fact that we've only ever been to AOA (too busy/noisy) and CBR which we loved and like you with POR, it just had that something special about it.

Old 15 Jan 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

We did CBR August 2016 - think we were there the same time as you. We have booked a 5 night stay at POR for this very reason. We didn't want to risk the construction work ruining our stay and we were reluctant to pay anymore, when like you, will only really be at the resort to swim and sleep. It's a lot of money like you said and it would be different if you were staying onsite for the whole duration of your holiday.
If it was me, I'd swap to POR. Enjoy the saved money.
May 2023 POP & 1 night RPR

Edited at 04:28 AM.
0420wilmut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List