Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
juliab
Imagineer
 
juliab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Las Vegas hotel room for family of 5

Hi, we are going on our first West coast trip in the summer and whilst I've been able to book the majority of our hotels I'm struggling with finding somewhere to stay for our 3 nights in Las Vegas.

When is the best time to book and what would be a realistic price for somewhere like the Signature? We'll be going in August so I can't imagine this would be a busy time of year, but then again I don't know.


Any help would be great, thanks
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer
 
TinkerBabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 07
Mobile

Following with interest as we are in a similar position, as my sons girlfriend has joined us on our last few trips, making us a party of 5. We often book suite type rooms where they can have the living room with a double sofa bed, which works well, but I havenít seen many of those type of hotels for Vegas.
TinkerBabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
florida girl
Imagineer
 
florida girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 08

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have you tried the Platinum Hotel and Spa, we stayed there last year lovely hotel with apartment style rooms, reasonably priced and a block way from the strip behind Ballyís so centrally located.
__________________
Florida-Oct 98,June 99,Oct 00,Aug 01,Dec 02,Oct 03,Jan 05,Oct 05,Jan 07,Apr 08,Dec 08,Oct 10,Feb 13,Nov 13,Nov 14,Jan16,Nov 17,Oct 18
NY-Oct 10. WC -Oct 11, Oct 15,Oct 16.Vegas Mar 09, Mar 10,Oct 11,Oct 15,Oct 18.
1st time DLP March 2020
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer
 
TheGrahams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 09
We stayed in the polo towers last year with me and hubby, dd and boyfriend and son and friend, we booked a 2 bedroom suite which was outstanding, between mgm and plant Hollywood, has no casino but the room tax is really cheap $20 I think a night. Pool area is lovely and gas barbecues available free to use. Laundry facilities on every floor, full kitchen and dining room.

Lots of space.

We have booked to return April 2019.
__________________
The Grahams

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
JoS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 06
We have stayed at Carriage House a couple of times. They have suites and literally 5 mins walk to the strip. No resort fee and free parking. Maybe a downside for you is has a small pool? Clean rooms with full kitchen and lovely staff. It has no Casino so smoke free, and laundry rooms.

For signature try smarter vegas


signaturemgmgrand/en...moCode=ZBBREVG
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Edited at 03:04 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
jdouds
Imagineer
 
jdouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 09
Hi have a look at the signature suits athe the MGM , first class, and can be booked cheaper with airbnb
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
lossieglen
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 09
Mobile

Embassy Suites.
1 bedroom suites with two doubles in the main bedroom and a sofa bed in the lounge area.
Breakfast included and a free managers reception at night.
lossieglen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
juliab
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
juliab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
Following with interest as we are in a similar position, as my sons girlfriend has joined us on our last few trips, making us a party of 5. We often book suite type rooms where they can have the living room with a double sofa bed, which works well, but I havenít seen many of those type of hotels for Vegas.
Yes that the type of room we'd like to book
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
DurhamGirl
VIP Dibber

 
DurhamGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
We are looking to go to Vegas in June. Not booked yet but looking at the Venetian - Bella Suites, 2 Double Beds and a Sofa bed. I think you can also request a rollaway as an extra cost. Itís worth signing up for special offers eg they have 25% off and a free gondola ride on offer at the moment
DurhamGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
juliab
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
juliab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Have you tried the Platinum Hotel and Spa, we stayed there last year lovely hotel with apartment style rooms, reasonably priced and a block way from the strip behind Ballyís so centrally located.
I don't think I've noticed this? Will have a look, thank you

Originally Posted by TheGrahams View Post
We stayed in the polo towers last year with me and hubby, dd and boyfriend and son and friend, we booked a 2 bedroom suite which was outstanding, between mgm and plant Hollywood, has no casino but the room tax is really cheap $20 I think a night. Pool area is lovely and gas barbecues available free to use. Laundry facilities on every floor, full kitchen and dining room.

Lots of space.

We have booked to return April 2019.
That sounds great. This does come up on the searches I've done but I've not looked into it. Good to hear your positive experiences here I shall take a better look.

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
We have stayed at Carriage House a couple of times. They have suites and literally 5 mins walk to the strip. No resort fee and free parking. Maybe a downside for you is has a small pool? Clean rooms with full kitchen and lovely staff. It has no Casino so smoke free, and laundry rooms.

For signature try smarter vegas


signaturemgmgrand/en...moCode=ZBBREVG
I don't think I've seen the carriage on my searches? Need to investigate further. Kids would like a good sized pool though.

Thanks for the info about Signature

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi have a look at the signature suits athe the MGM , first class, and can be booked cheaper with airbnb
Thank you, I saw a reasonably priced room on Airbnb a couple of weeks ago but we've never booked on there before. I looked again and the suite as now gone. Will keep checking though.

Originally Posted by lossieglen View Post
Embassy Suites.
1 bedroom suites with two doubles in the main bedroom and a sofa bed in the lounge area.
Breakfast included and a free managers reception at night.
This place sounds ideal, will check it out in a bit. Thank you.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Airlines
On 3rd August 9:48am
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has conducted a review into airline refund practices during the... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland Paris
On 1st August 1:13pm
With the new Ratatouille ride coming to EPCOT at Walt Disney World, Disney has released... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 30th July 9:26am
Disney has not only been welcoming guests back to their theme parks, they have also... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2787
CaxtonFX  $1.2712
Covent Garden FX  $1.2899
FAIRFX  $1.2720
John Lewis  $1.2819
M&S  $1.2587
Post Office  $1.2570
Sainsburys  $1.2749
TESCO  $1.2761
Travelex  $1.2715
Updated: 00:00 13/08/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0895
CaxtonFX  €1.0783
Covent Garden FX  €1.0885
FAIRFX  €1.0810
John Lewis  €1.0928
M&S  €1.0731
Post Office  €1.0656
Sainsburys  €1.0867
TESCO  €1.0883
Travelex  €1.0775
Updated: 00:00 13/08/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now