Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Spending Money & itinerary advice for Vegas

We're off to Vegas in June, we booked via BA staying at The Wynn which includes the breakfast buffet. It's a 40th Birthday blowout, so we don't want to scrimp on food and drinks, but reading it's expensive out there now (I haven't been for 10 years)

I've been playing My Vegas slots so we've got buy one get one free at the Bellagio/Mandalay Bay/Mirage buffets, but I'm not sure whether we'll be buffeted out!

I also have no idea how far the Wynn is away from all the other hotels, last time we stayed at The Bellagio so I know my bearings from there, but I don't remember seeing the Wyn at all. Would buying the monorail pass be worth it?

Any Las Vegas veterans got any advice on an itinerary as I'm a bit lost!

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

The Wynn is north of Venetian - opposite the Fashion Mall if that helps you place it?

How long are you there for and what are your interests?

Do you fancy a show?

Will you have a car and want to do day trips eg Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam etc?

I wrote prices down from the restaurants we visited on the thread below (eating in Las Vegas)
Old 8 May 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1127182

The thread below this one may give a few ideas
Old 8 May 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for your reply, we’re there for 5 days. We’re thinking of hiring a car and driving to the Canyon, I’ve done the helicopter there and I’d love to see the South Rim and OH doesn’t mind the drive, although it’ll be a long day.
The only thing set in stone is we’re seeing Areosmith on the 19th at the MGM park theatre(?) I think that’s what it’s called.

From memory the Venetian seemed quite a way North of the Bellagio, will we need to get a cab and do the strip in stages?

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’m very envious you’re going to see Aerosmith

Personally I would try and squeeze in an overnight stay if going to the South Rim (although with only five nights you may not want to!). That way you can experience sunset and sunrise and avoid doing the gruelling drive twice in one day.

I would not find the walk between Bellagio and Venetian too much, but I’d do it via the hotels / Forum Shoppes so you’re enjoying the journey. But in June it will be HOT! Then maybe an Uber back? We used Uber a lot last week and found it really reasonable and handy. But doing the strip in stages is a good plan.

You could do a day at Fremont Street and include the Mob Museum (we enjoyed this) and the Neon Boneyard (which we didn’t get to do because it rained all day so we chose to leave it). We also enjoyed a bit of a wander around the Arts District for vintage / retro gear and had a great breakfast here too. Also went to the container park but not sure I’d go again, but maybe because it was raining it was less appealing!
Old 8 May 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m really looking forward to seeing Aerosmith, we booked the holiday before they announced the dates so it was a bonus!

I think we need to sit down and plan what we really want to see. I think we’ll also be using Uber a lot!

Old 8 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We will be there in June as well, yeh! We have stayed at Bellagio as well, and although Wynn is further North ... past Venetian and on the same side we walked it fine. Roughly Bellagio is center strip, Mandalay being at one end south, and Wynn being at the other end, north. A monorail pass would not work for you. No stops at the Wynn and by the time you get to the stations ie Ballys you have walked a lot of the way anyway. I always advise doing the strip in sections as well, and sitting down in the hotels to cool down. May take you longer but well worth it in the heat.
Totally agree with Karen about an overnight stay but dont know that it would be possible with only 5 days. My advice would be not to do the day trip as its such a long day, but only you can decide Have heard of delays when the bus picks up at hotels and so reducing your time at GC. Have heard of small shuttles though, which take maybe 8? Might be worth checking that out. We stayed over both times and it was amazing. If you are hiring a car it will be a very very long journey for very little time at GC. Some people find that ok.
We too have the myvegas buffets, the totally free ones at Aria, Bellagio, and Mirage. It works well for us though as we like to try a little bit of everything. Your walk to Mandalay from Wynn is a long walk as you are going right from one end of the strip to the other. You can use the little free monorail that runs from Bellagio to Park MGM which will save your legs a bit. We used that daily in Feb. when we stayed at Park. Park is not far from Mandalay so maybe use that buffet before your show? Wynn buffet is far superior to MGM ones, we loved it,... just expensive if you were paying! I think Uber/Lyft is the way to go if you want to ride back from the south end of strip and very cheap. You can pick free wifi up in the hotels to get it. We use it from the airport and trips to Walmart etc. The Wynn is a gorgeous hotel, we love it. Any questions just ask. Have fun.

Edited at 09:51 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another dibber who will be there in June

Have a great time all
Puddle5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
Another dibber who will be there in June

Have a great time all
You too
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Dissuziq
Apprentice Imagineer

Dissuziq's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at the Wynn last June. We loved the pool at the Wynn and used to have our mornings there chilling. To get around the strip as said the monarail isn’t really an option it’s quicker to walk but we did use the bus to get around and when hotel hopping further up the strip the do day passes that eased my tired feet. Or walking though the Palazzo shops to the Venetian and then into the linq you are soon mid strip theirs a few coffee shops and cake or cocktails to help you along.

I notice you have buffet breakfast, the buffet at the Wynn Is fab we weren’t that impressed with the other ones we tried found them just ok but it’s vegas there was plenty of choice everywhere else 😀
LA 2008,2016, DLP 2019
Dissuziq is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List