Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 28 May 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

August 2019 16 nights disney plan

Hi All

We start with 5 nights at RPR but I'm going to ignore the universal days as having FOL passes with RPR we are just going to do what we fancy but the Disney days are a different kettle of fish as we all know!

What do you think of this plan?

Thursday 15th
Move to FQ hopefully around 1:00.
Akershus booked for 4:55 and will book 3 FP for before and after dinner.

Friday 16th
EMH at MK
Boma booked for 5:00
AK for after Boma
I can't decide whether to save 3 FP for AK for the evening and just use EMH at MK and ride what is a short wait or book FP for MK and just wander around AK after dinner and watch ROL. What do you think is best?

Saturday 17th
The Wave booked for breakfast 9:30
Swim and relax
Mama Melrose for Fantasmic seating booked for 4:00
FP for HS

Sunday 18th
Disney springs or outlet shopping
California Brunch at 12:45
Shopping/resting
Back to contemporary for Fireworks viewing

Monday 19th
Water park
Via Napoli booked for 5:00
Epcot for the evening with FP

Tuesday 20th
Swimming
Springs for lunch at Blaze
MNSSHP at MK

Wednesay 21st
Water Park
AK for the late afternoon/evening
Yak and Yeti booked for 5:30

Thursday 22nd
EMH at Epcot and a late breakfast booked at Garden Grill 10:25
HS for the evening with Sci Fi booked for 5:55

Friday 23rd
Free morning
Tusker House ROL booked for 2:30
AK for the afternoon and evening

Saturday 24th
Trattoria Al Forno for breakfast at 9:25
Swimming
HS for the evening

Sunday 25th
Disney Springs
Chef Art Smith 12:40
MK for the evening

Monday 26th
Waterpark
Liberty Tree Inn 5:20 and evening in MK

Tuesday 27th
Going to attempt 4 parks in 1 day challenge starting in HS, onto AK with FP. MK before 6 (due to MNSSHP) and finishing in Epcot with EEH. Loved Goldias 4 park challenge from last year.

Wednesday 28th
Easy morning to relax.
Springs for Blaze if we fancy it.
MK for EEH and Pecos Bills for dinner

Thursday 29th
Epcot all day. Food and Wine opens and we will be spending all left over credits here and eating ourselves into oblivion.

Friday 30th (last full day)
EMH at MK
Jungle Skipper for lunch at 12.0
Stay as long as we want.
Sanaa booked for 5:15.

Be brutal guys... any good?
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Hi All

We start with 5 nights at RPR but I'm going to ignore the universal days as having FOL passes with RPR we are just going to do what we fancy but the Disney days are a different kettle of fish as we all know!

What do you think of this plan?

Thursday 15th
Move to FQ hopefully around 1:00.
Akershus booked for 4:55 and will book 3 FP for before and after dinner.

Doable but bear in mind that your room at FQ might not be ready until 3 so by the time you've got to your room with all your luggage and settled in a bit, you might be cutting it fine to get to Epcot and get all the way up to Akershus especially if you're relying on the Disney transport

Friday 16th
EMH at MK
Boma booked for 5:00
AK for after Boma
I can't decide whether to save 3 FP for AK for the evening and just use EMH at MK and ride what is a short wait or book FP for MK and just wander around AK after dinner and watch ROL. What do you think is best?

I would use the FP in MK in the morning and then when you leave MK, pick up something extra for AK in the evening. By the time you've had dinner and got to AK you would be pushing it to have enough time to book your 3 FP before the park closes.

Saturday 17th
The Wave booked for breakfast 9:30
Swim and relax
Mama Melrose for Fantasmic seating booked for 4:00
FP for HS

Personally I wouldn't visit Contemporary for an ADR two days in a row and if we were having a relaxing morning I'd probably rather not have a meal booked and feel like I had to rush out to get to it. That may just be me though.

Sunday 18th
Disney springs or outlet shopping
California Brunch at 12:45
Shopping/resting
Back to contemporary for Fireworks viewing

I'd be very tempted to use the monorail to head into MK or Epcot for the afternoon or to take a tour of the monorail resorts. We don't do resting very well!

Monday 19th
Water park
Via Napoli booked for 5:00
Epcot for the evening with FP

Tuesday 20th
Swimming
Springs for lunch at Blaze
MNSSHP at MK

Wednesay 21st
Water Park
AK for the late afternoon/evening
Yak and Yeti booked for 5:30

Thursday 22nd
EMH at Epcot and a late breakfast booked at Garden Grill 10:25
HS for the evening with Sci Fi booked for 5:55

Friday 23rd
Free morning
Tusker House ROL booked for 2:30
AK for the afternoon and evening

ROL doesn't tend to get the best reviews. We enjoyed it but probably wouldn't watch it twice in the same trip. If you see it on the Boma evening you might not want to watch it tonight too.

Saturday 24th
Trattoria Al Forno for breakfast at 9:25
Swimming
HS for the evening

Sunday 25th
Disney Springs
Chef Art Smith 12:40
MK for the evening

Monday 26th
Waterpark
Liberty Tree Inn 5:20 and evening in MK

Tuesday 27th
Going to attempt 4 parks in 1 day challenge starting in HS, onto AK with FP. MK before 6 (due to MNSSHP) and finishing in Epcot with EEH. Loved Goldias 4 park challenge from last year.

Sounds good. We attempted this on our last trip but only made it through 2 parks before we were exhausted!

Wednesday 28th
Easy morning to relax.
Springs for Blaze if we fancy it.
MK for EEH and Pecos Bills for dinner

This is the 4th day in a row that you have MK on the plan. I prefer to spread out visits to each park a bit more but if you are happy go for it.

Thursday 29th
Epcot all day. Food and Wine opens and we will be spending all left over credits here and eating ourselves into oblivion.

Friday 30th (last full day)
EMH at MK
Jungle Skipper for lunch at 12.0
Stay as long as we want.
Sanaa booked for 5:15.

Be brutal guys... any good?
I've made a few comments on your plan above. It's quite difficult for me to comment as everybody enjoys different things and likes to get different things out of a holiday. If you are happy with the plan, then go with it. Just remember to be flexible once you are there if you find you want more/less time at any of the parks.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I've made a few comments on your plan above. It's quite difficult for me to comment as everybody enjoys different things and likes to get different things out of a holiday. If you are happy with the plan, then go with it. Just remember to be flexible once you are there if you find you want more/less time at any of the parks.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Those notes are so helpful and il be sitting down tonight to have a look and make any adjustments.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I think its a good plan, I would be doing a lot more early starts and EMH but that's because we tend to be early birds here.

You have a few ADRs which will take you out of your way a lot ie The Wave. If its worth the effort to eat there great but most of the time I prefer to lpan meals around where I'll be anyway, unless its a must do.

On Sat I'd go to HS after the meal at Bon Voyage then swim when you get home (pools stay open late), unless you are planning on staying for the fireworks/fantasmic.

I would do the fast passes for MK on your EMH MK/AK day then hope to get a fourth for AK.

On your 4 park day I'd prob do MK second just in case you are running short of time.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
I think its a good plan, I would be doing a lot more early starts and EMH but that's because we tend to be early birds here.

You have a few ADRs which will take you out of your way a lot ie The Wave. If its worth the effort to eat there great but most of the time I prefer to lpan meals around where I'll be anyway, unless its a must do.

On Sat I'd go to HS after the meal at Bon Voyage then swim when you get home (pools stay open late), unless you are planning on staying for the fireworks/fantasmic.

I would do the fast passes for MK on your EMH MK/AK day then hope to get a fourth for AK.

On your 4 park day I'd prob do MK second just in case you are running short of time.
Thank you for your suggestions. We really enjoyed the Wave breakfast last time and did exactly as I have planned which is why ive gone with it like this again. Ive also tried to avoid weekends and midday at the parks as have a 6 and 8 year old with us and I know the heat will zap them so have tried to stick to late afternoon/evening and morning plans which is why I have planned to head back after breakfast for a swim before heading out in the evening - same with Bon Voyage day.

I will have a think about the 4 park order. I'd have liked to have done MK last as there are so many rides we would have better chances riding something/anything at that park late in the evening but due to MNSSHP can't do that which is why it is 3rd. Will do a bit more reading of other peoples 4 park challenge to get an idea on timings.

Really appreciate all of your suggestions.
Old 30 May 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

You know your family and what they will and won't like or get on with so I am sure it will be great! With kids of that age, there may be some last minute changes due to tiredness (or grumpiness as it manifests with our DD 😄 ) but it looks a great plan! Hilariously we are booked for Boma the same evening as you and just half an hour apart! See you there! 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

GezzaGem thanks for the reply. My DD certainly is affected by tiredness and hunger and everyone should watch out if she is feeling either one of those!

Oh a mini dibb meet!Will definitely keep an eye out for you at Boma. Was one of our favourite meals last time so hopefully it doesn't disappoint a second time.
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Magpie
A Guest at All-Stars

RPR, FOL, MNSSHP at MK, EMH at MK?

Does anyone speak English on here?

Seriously folks. Can we please write things properly so that we have a clue what you are talking about.
Laughing Magpie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Laughing Magpie View Post
RPR, FOL, MNSSHP at MK, EMH at MK?

Does anyone speak English on here?

Seriously folks. Can we please write things properly so that we have a clue what you are talking about.
Royal Pacific Resort
Front of line
Mickey's not so scary Halloween party
Magic Kingdom
Early magic hours

All Dibb basic requirements! 👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Magpie
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Royal Pacific Resort
Front of line
Mickey's not so scary Halloween party
Magic Kingdom
Early magic hours

All Dibb basic requirements! 👌
So why don't people just say that. Surely it isn't just me that is confused by this.
Laughing Magpie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List