Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 May 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 8 Typhoon Sat 10th May

Today was a very early start as we had to get an Uber to be at the Boardwalk for 7.15am. We arrived a little early and walked across to Trattoria Al Forno to check-in for the Bon Voyage Breakfast. I am not a massive fan of the character meals but this one and the Snow White one looked amazing. I liked the idea of a sit-down meal rather than a buffet because there is no stress about missing the characters. The Boardwalk is absolutely stunning early in the morning and it felt really special to be back there a few days after having our wedding pictures there.

We were seated straight away and ordered a Mimosa and Spiked Coffee. The server brought the pan of pastries round and this would have been enough for us for breakfast- i wasnt sure how i was going to fit an entree in too. The pastries were delicious especially the Ariel clam shell filled with jam. We also liked Rapunzels chocolate platt.

The entrees arrived and they were huge- even Brett said he was going to struggle. I ordered the Swimmers Omelette which was salmon, spinach, goats cheese and egg with potato wedges. It was gorgeous but so rich i barely made a dent in it. Brett ordered Tangled Eggs (thinking this would be light but it definitely wasnt). We ordered a second round of the same cocktails and the server didnt charge us for these. It was a really great breakfast.

The little show they put on to introduce the characters was brilliant and we joined in with the kids singing and dancing in our chairs. The characters were absolutely amazing. Rapunzel was a bundle of fun, Ariel was bubbly, Prince Eric was very charming and said he noticed that our table was having fun to the music and the best of all was Flynn who was more than happy to have a smoulder-off with Brett

We had another walk around the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club before we got an Uber over to Typhoon Lagoon. We didnt get many pictures here as the camera and phones were in our lockers most of the day. We rode Crush and Gusher around 10 times as there was no queue. We absolutely loved that slide and did the most intense one everytime. Brett surprisingly loves slides whereas i am not as keen- i think they are much worse than rollercoasters. We did Miss Adventure Falls once as it was a 20 minute queue, its a good family fun ride. We did the rest of the slides fairly quickly, opting out of Kowabunga Falls as i made that mistake years ago when i didnt know how steep the drop was.

It was now midday so we decided to have a cocktail at Lets Go Slurpin. Brett had a Pina Colava and i had Black Cherry Lemonade. Both were delicious and it was nice to people watch for a bit.

We werent hungry but i couldnt leave without a Jalepeno Pretzel so we decided to spend some time in the wave pool first before heading over to Loutide Lou's. I hung back as i am not a fan of the waves and watched Brett from a distance. After a while we walked over for some pretzels and decided to split one of each- Jalepeno and Cream Cheese. These were unbelievably good and easily my favourite snack at Disney. We didnt have our cameras with us so unfortunately didnt get a picture.

It was now 2.00pm so we decided to head out as we had done the slides to death as it was so quiet. On my last trip in 2015, i met up with a few dibbers and one of them happened to be in Disney at the moment so we arranged to meet up for a cocktail at Wilderness Lodge. Anybody that has read Happyhaunt1000s trip reports will probably recognise Jon (and his wife Lisa). There was a comment made on that trip about him looking a bit like Justin Timberlake so he became known as Jonny T. We said we would meet them before they headed off to Whispering Canon Cafe at 8.30pm. We got an Uber and headed straight to the Territory Lounge. We could hear the madness from Artist Point and it sounded like so much fun, we couldnt wait for our ADR here next week. We ordered cocktails- Glowtini for me and Cold Brew for Brett (another creamy alcoholic iced coffee creation).

Jon and Lisa soon arrived with their daughter Cici and Jons sister Caitlin. Even though they had an ADR coming up, Jon ordered two bowls of the Peach Cobbler. I think this has probably been mentioned in other reports but he is obsessed with this dessert (although not as much as baguettes from Epcot!). Brett tried some and thought it was ok but nothing special. We had a couple of cocktails (Raspberry Mojito each, Godiva Chocolate Martini for Brett and Blood Orange Margarita for me) and then said our goodbyes to everyone when they went for dinner.

We decided to have a look round the resort and headed over to Copper Creek. This is such a beautiful resort especially the DVC area. We were hungry now and very tempted by Geiser Point for a burger but the queue was big and we were getting tired. We decided to get an Uber back to AKL and get a takeaway from the Mara and watch TV in bed. I didnt get any pictures but Brett had the Rib Platter and i had the Turkey and Avocado sandwich. This was delicious- the Mara is a really good QS option at the resort, always lots of choice and plenty of cupcakes and pastries. Another lovely day

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies

Edited at 10:25 PM.
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely pics you're making me even more excited to be 'going home' in August! 😁👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Lovely pics you're making me even more excited to be 'going home' in August! 😁👍
It is the best place on earth, i cant wait to go back

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great day

Joan
thank you

2025- Seville

Old 3 Jun 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day, it sounds like you're having a fantastic time!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Another great day, it sounds like you're having a fantastic time!
thank you, we really did, couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon

2025- Seville

Old 4 Jun 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Keep reading good things about this breakfast so might have to try it!

Not sure we could do such an early start though

Another fab day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Keep reading good things about this breakfast so might have to try it!

Not sure we could do such an early start though

Another fab day!
thank you, it is worth it but big portions! I think breakfast runs until late morning

2025- Seville

Old 11 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’m not a breakfast person but that looked really lovely, as you said the pastries would have done me too but your other food looks great. I like the idea that it’s brought to the table and the characters seemed good fun. I love that you have a breakfast cocktail, I’m surprised it wasn’t more hair of the dog after yesterday!
A lovely meet up with JT it’s strange to see him in a photo without a baguette or the orange bird...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List