Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
elshabba
Proud to wear my Ears

September Average Flight Prices

Hello!

I was just wondering if people can give me a little bit of information regarding what the approximate flight prices are in September? Or what they've paid in the last couple of years. I know it varies - but it would be nice to get a rough idea as my last visit in 2015 was a full package through Virgin.

We've booked direct via Disney from the 20th of September 2020 - 4th of October 2020 (dates are fixed due to our work holidays).

We will be looking to fly from Manchester to MCO, direct. I live in Newcastle and my parents in Nottinghamshire - so Manchester works best for us as London would be too much travel for us all.

Is it best to book as soon as the flights are released 11 months before?

Thank you
elshabba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We are booked to go 28th September (LGW to MCO with Virgin) and we found that on release of the flights at 11 months out the prices were extortionate! We ended up waiting until January when they came down considerably and got to a price where we were happy with! (We have paid £628 for Econ out and PE back).
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
pixiedust1973
Proud to wear my Ears

We're a few weeks earlier than you but for this year 5th-20th Sept MAN-MCO with Virgin Economy Classic we have paid £447, that was booked very end of February so quite a while after the flights were first released
pixiedust1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemelos
Trying for More Ears

We go at the beginning of September with Thomas Cook from Manchester and have paid £450 each for economy outbound ( including seat booking) and premium economy return. We were really flexible with dates though. We booked at the end of October last year .
Gemelos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Following as I'm after Sept 25 to 9 Oct flights! Hoping for decent premium prices at some point. X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i have just bought mine for 3 to 10 September LGW to MCO and paid £462 for economy each way. I have been watching for a while and they havent been much cheaper than this.

I only paid £257 for a flight in January this year. Last September i got a TUI PE flight for £481 return from Bristol.
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Great prices, whenever I look at tui I can never seem to find flights with premium. Need VA or Tc as want to use magical express at MCO.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

You are pretty much the same dates as us next year, we are flexible by a few days either side however and want to fly from Glasgow. There is me and DH who will fly PE and my brother who doesnt care so with fly economy (we might use our extra suitcase allowance to take his stuff)
I have been keeping an eye on prices this Sep and for our trip I am hopeful of not paying more than £450 for my brother and no more than £900pp for us in PE direct. We will consider a 1 stop if the cost difference is big but we will not consider any 2 stops or flying into Sanford airport.
I am confident that I can come in under those figures as others on here have but those are my if it goes below that figures then I will probably book.

Edited at 05:04 PM.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We are still searching for our flights for September this year (26 Sept to 12 Oct). They’re around £500 including bags from LGW or around £100 more each pp from Manchester. Still holding on hoping they reduce as there’s plenty of seats left on all of the flights we’d be happy with (Virgin, BA or TC).
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pfgtips60
Gone all Goofy

We paid £1500 For PE going from Gatwick on 2 Sept about 6 weeks ago. However (long story) we had to change it last Friday to fly from Manchester. Flights then were £1750 to go PE, but we had to pay an extra £400 on top for the privilege of Virgin changing it.
Pfgtips60 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List