Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

It's basically a cinema with big comfy lounger seats and there is a menu, you pick your meal and they bring it to your seat! Do cocktails and things too I think? Check it out on Disney website, it's on downtown Disney xx
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

dinein.amctheatres/how-it...ork-and-screen

Think this should tell you, otherwise Disney website has some info on it xx
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
butterflymags
Excited about Disney

We did this last year and to be honest we were not overly impressed. Food was OK but expensive for what it is. You couldn't see what you were eating and trying to eat your food in the dark was not easy. There were just too many interuptions with all the comings and goings and then the server comes round with about half an hour of the film still left to run and brings you the bill, then returns a few minutes later for it to be settled, so you then have to rumage through your bag/purse in the dark trying to find the correct $ notes whilst she stands there. Too much interuption IMO so i missed a few bits of the film.
Old 20 Jun 12, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
we had the opposite experience to last poster.

Absolutely loved it

You do need to book as it is popular - think we got tickets the day before.

Also, they ask you to arrive early so the ordering/serving was done before the main feature started - of course you could order anytime - we were too full . we hardly noticed the waiters serving others.

We ordered 'finger food' meals, thinking it would be easier. The food was ok & we thought the prices were reasonable for the experience.

Best for me was the total absence of sweet paper rustling - worth going just for that - lol.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando_newbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cairacf View Post
What does PH stand for?! Thanks for the info
Think it must be Planet Hollywood.

Sept 2015 - Terrace Ridge; July 2013 - Bella Vida;
June/July 2011 & 2012 - Sandy Ridge; June 2010 - Floridays Resort
orlando_newbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 12, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post

I would hasten to add that this is quite pricey but pretty cool!

You buy your ticket at the box office and then you have to walk right to the bottom of DTD as the enterance to the dine in cinema is different to the normal cinema. Certain drinks are free refills as well and the staff are super efficient and it doesn't seem disruptive at all!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We went a couple of weeks ago to see MIB, it was great! Huge comfy seats, food served on a little table in front of you, server wasn't at all intrusive. We bought our tickets in advance because we happened to be at DTD for the Cars weekend. I think the cinema tickets were $14 each so not cheap and then the food on top, we both had a burger which was actually pretty good. Definitely try it! MIB was awesome by the way, much better than the 2nd one! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DaveyPitch
slightly serious Dibber

We definitely want to do this when we go in a month, but I think for me I wouldn't do it while watching a brand new film, as I would rather pay attention to the film rather than eating. The Dark Knight Rises comes out just before we go and we want to see it while we're there, but I wouldn't do it while eating I think. We'll save that for something else we're not quite as fussed about, so we can take in the whole experience without worrying about missing important parts of the film.
DaveyPitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

This is my idea of hell. People making noise and walking past you when you're trying to watch your film, it's bad enough in normal cinemas with people talking, looking at phones etc, let alone all this. I'll give it a miss
Old 21 Jun 12, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread