Notices

Old 14 Oct 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've been neglecting the pre trips and I'm cross with myself that I missed the start of yours I'm trying to catch up.

Trying to plan a wdw holiday with just 4 months notice is a nightmare, but one I would happily suffer if I had to! What great luck to get the contemporary with a theme park view.

The ADR plans sound great, what a fab mix of restaurants. The Wave Christmas special sounds like it will be great. We ate dinner there back in 2016 and I remember the food being great, but unfortunately DH and myself had one of those gritted teeth rows and that is my overriding memory of the meal.

I've read about the candlelight processional meals and they sound fabulous I really hope you have a wonderful time.

I have no experience of wdw at Christmas but if it were me I'd want to walk to MK on Christmas morning even if it is just a flying visit before you head off to HS. What a great way to start the day, presumably you will be up at the crack of dawn because it's Christmas and jet lag combined. In fact, I think I'd have zero chance of sleeping Christmas Eve night knowing that we had the first day of our holiday to look forward to and it's Christmas day!

Such an amazing trip to be looking forward to. I'm sure there will be lots of tweaks over the next couple of months, it will be amazing to look forward to and then you've only got a few months until Easter rolls around, you lucky devil. I wish I was coming with you. I'll be following in your footsteps with POFQ next summer though. I don't suppose we overlap do we? Our travel day is 30th July, it would be lovely to meet up if it were possible.

Oh and that reminds me...It's hard to ignore the naysayers who've never even experienced a Disney holiday, I know what you mean about people feeling like they can pass judgement on your holiday decisions. It's such a shame, I don't comment on their chocie of new car even though I may feel that is a dreadful waste of money, it's their choice. If you work hard you have the right to spend your money how you want! I'll get off my soap box now.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Just found this! How exciting 😊really great ADR’s. Looking forward to following along
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've been neglecting the pre trips and I'm cross with myself that I missed the start of yours I'm trying to catch up.

Trying to plan a wdw holiday with just 4 months notice is a nightmare, but one I would happily suffer if I had to! What great luck to get the contemporary with a theme park view.

The ADR plans sound great, what a fab mix of restaurants. The Wave Christmas special sounds like it will be great. We ate dinner there back in 2016 and I remember the food being great, but unfortunately DH and myself had one of those gritted teeth rows and that is my overriding memory of the meal.

I've read about the candlelight processional meals and they sound fabulous I really hope you have a wonderful time.

I have no experience of wdw at Christmas but if it were me I'd want to walk to MK on Christmas morning even if it is just a flying visit before you head off to HS. What a great way to start the day, presumably you will be up at the crack of dawn because it's Christmas and jet lag combined. In fact, I think I'd have zero chance of sleeping Christmas Eve night knowing that we had the first day of our holiday to look forward to and it's Christmas day!

Such an amazing trip to be looking forward to. I'm sure there will be lots of tweaks over the next couple of months, it will be amazing to look forward to and then you've only got a few months until Easter rolls around, you lucky devil. I wish I was coming with you. I'll be following in your footsteps with POFQ next summer though. I don't suppose we overlap do we? Our travel day is 30th July, it would be lovely to meet up if it were possible.

Oh and that reminds me...It's hard to ignore the naysayers who've never even experienced a Disney holiday, I know what you mean about people feeling like they can pass judgement on your holiday decisions. It's such a shame, I don't comment on their chocie of new car even though I may feel that is a dreadful waste of money, it's their choice. If you work hard you have the right to spend your money how you want! I'll get off my soap box now.
Hey. I wondered where you had been hiding 😂.

It is crazy, 4 months for every other holiday seems way more than enough time to plan. Even though I missed the 180 days I still seem to have been lucky with the adrs. We’ve decided to stick with the Wave for Christmas Day and I’ve cancelled the reservation finder for California Grill.

I’m all for a stroll to MK on Christmas morning if it opens at 7.
You are right I will be up and bouncing. I just don’t want to be dragging my MIL out of bed. Ds and Dh I’m more than happy to wake up.
As for Christmas presents do you think I can just get away with putting happy Christmas on the window and getting ds to open the curtains?😂😂maybe not but it won’t take long to open any presents as there won’t be many!
I can’t wait and now all the Christmas stuff is coming into the shops it’s getting very real.
We won’t catch you in the summer which is a real shame as we will be home before you even go so we will have to settle for living through each other’s trip reports again😃. Sure we are bound to overlap at some point.
Thanks for reading along.
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Just found this! How exciting 😊really great ADR’s. Looking forward to following along
Thank you and thanks for reading.
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
26.12.18 MK – GF - EP

Again, we are hoping to be up early and head to MK. Last year it opened at 7am so wondering if it will be the same?

We have 2 Be our guest reservations for breakfast and it depends what time the park is opening which one we will keep.

I’d really like a 7D Mine Train fast pass but doubting that will happen as it will only be 60+2 days. Also hoping for Jingle Cruise and Peter Pan. The plan is to watch the parade at 12pm then leave to head over to the Grand Floridian to see the decorations and grab a light lunch.

Evening is Epcot with dinner at Chefs de France, the Candlelight Processional and Illuminations which we all love so much. I will be so sad when this goes.

27.12.18 DS- MK

My MIL loved Downtown Disney last time so it will be nice for her to see Disney Springs, I think she will like it and the plan is a little shopping, food at Wolfgang Puck Express, breakfast for this or lunch for my other favourite

and maybe the Christmas Tree Trail.

Evening is dinner at BOG and soaking up the Christmas stuff at MK. Again, I will be trying for a FP for Mine Train as MIL loves Snow White and the Seven Dwarves so much, 7D was still being built when she was last there. Oh, and I’d love a wee Tangled Lantern photo pass of MIL and DS but it might be crazy busy. I love these photos.

28.12.18 AK – WL – MK

AK in the morning maybe just for me, ds and dh, MIL is not an AK fan. Although she likes Avatar so if I can get FOP FP that might encourage her to come but if not no big deal and she might explore the Poly and GF using the monorail, something else she really enjoyed doing last time.

Hopefully a wee Uber visit to Walmart for snacks and the like.

Over to WL in the evening. I’m excited about this. We have never been over here and it looks so amazing at Christmas, it seems so convenient from the Contemporary and the dinner will be super popular with our party (surprise, shh). Later we will decide to head back to MK or not as it will be our last night at the Contemporary.

Edited at 06:11 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I think your Boxing day plans sound lovely! I'm hoping you will have more chances of seeing illuminations as I'm really hoping it will still be on when we visit next summer. I know this is probably unlikely as they have announced summer for the new show, but I can hope. I'm sad to think we will never see it again. I suppose they will aim for getting the new show up for 4th July, I haven't heard a firm date yet, but even then you have to take it with a pinch of salt as we were some of the lucky few who got to see the jungle book show in AK in 2016 when rivers of light wasn't ready yet...We will see what happens, but I do think it will make your viewing of illuminations extra special plus you will have just seen the lovely candlight processional too!

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
I think your Boxing day plans sound lovely! I'm hoping you will have more chances of seeing illuminations as I'm really hoping it will still be on when we visit next summer. I know this is probably unlikely as they have announced summer for the new show, but I can hope. I'm sad to think we will never see it again. I suppose they will aim for getting the new show up for 4th July, I haven't heard a firm date yet, but even then you have to take it with a pinch of salt as we were some of the lucky few who got to see the jungle book show in AK in 2016 when rivers of light wasn't ready yet...We will see what happens, but I do think it will make your viewing of illuminations extra special plus you will have just seen the lovely candlight processional too!
Oh Abby, I'm emotional enough thinking this is our second last chance to see it. I had not even thought that it would be gone by summer...

I read the last date is 30th September with the new show starting the next day, fingers crossed.

I've got Illuminations planned in 3 times this trip with the last viewing on our last night.
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Oh Abby, I'm emotional enough thinking this is our second last chance to see it. I had not even thought that it would be gone by summer...

I read the last date is 30th September with the new show starting the next day, fingers crossed.

I've got Illuminations planned in 3 times this trip with the last viewing on our last night.
Seriously? You know more than me then, as I have NOT read a date. I didn't mean to mis-inform. I'm really excited by this, you've cheered up my day!

The last time we saw wishes we didn't know it would be the last time ever! So, now that we will get to have the last time ever of illuminations. Hurrah! Thanks so much for putting me straight so quickly. The last I read was that it was to debut in summer and I thought I could hope that meant August and we might sneak a last view of illuminations.

Honestly I'm really chuffed.

Old 16 Oct 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Seriously? You know more than me then, as I have NOT read a date. I didn't mean to mis-inform. I'm really excited by this, you've cheered up my day!

The last time we saw wishes we didn't know it would be the last time ever! So, now that we will get to have the last time ever of illuminations. Hurrah! Thanks so much for putting me straight so quickly. The last I read was that it was to debut in summer and I thought I could hope that meant August and we might sneak a last view of illuminations.

Honestly I'm really chuffed.
Let’s both hope that September date is right. You know Disney god forbid they give you a decent amount of notice about these things 😂
Old 17 Oct 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am so excited reading all of your plans, it all sounds fabulous. It’s actually quite scary how quickly it’s going to come around.

You have to go to MK on Christmas morning, I’m sure it will be utter chaos, but so magical.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List