Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by juliebissett72 View Post
A friend of mine travels twice a year to the US and she has been considering global entry. Her only reservation is that checked baggage can take a while & does waiting on this negate any time advantage global entry gives through immigration. Can anyone advise on their experience?
Our luggage is off fairly quick as we fly UC or PE.

My view though is I would rather sit on the edge of the luggage carousel chilling out than standing in an Immigration line for anything between 10 mins and 2 hours.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
We had our UK border force approval within a week but have now been waiting over 3 weeks for the Trusted Traveler approval - I know they say it can take months but we were hoping to get an interview in MCO when we go in November. (I know there is still time but I am impatient ;-) )
I was the same as we travel next Friday... almost 5weeks for ours... fingers crossed for you!
Old 19 Sep 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliebissett72 View Post
A friend of mine travels twice a year to the US and she has been considering global entry. Her only reservation is that checked baggage can take a while & does waiting on this negate any time advantage global entry gives through immigration. Can anyone advise on their experience?
At JFK recently we - my wife, son and I - cleared immigration using our Global Entry. We pulled all our family’s 14 suitcases off the carousel (helped by having orange stickered them all) well before the 13 other family members cleared immigration so if we’d been on our own then there would have been a time saving though as it was our kids and grandkids were pleased to see we’d got their cases ready for them.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
Just to update. We got our conditional approval before we travelled which meant we could do enrolment in arrival in Orlando

Asked a member of staff in immigration hall, he told us to go to US citizens queue and got someone to help us. We cleared immigration, then did the enrolment with a different CBP officer. Took fingerprints, photos and a couple of questions , more confirming personal info and that was it! Both were and pleasant and reckon all in no more than 15 minutes.

One thing the officer couldn't answer wasn't If we get the Global Entry cards being in UK? Anyone who is approved could you confirm for me please? And if we do how long they take to arrive?

Added KTN for return flight and breezed through TSA pre queue!
Old 26 Oct 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by twinkly-tink View Post
One thing the officer couldn't answer wasn't If we get the Global Entry cards being in UK? Anyone who is approved could you confirm for me please? And if we do how long they take to arrive?
No, you won’t receive Global Entry cards and don’t need them anyway as their system identifies you as being a GE member from your passport number.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

But they advise you to have a note of your number in case of issues I just have mine on a sticky note on the back page of my passport
And your original uk reference no to,speed up reapplication in 5yesrs
We fly BA and now get pre clearance on the way home and I've got pre clearance with Spirit for our internal flights to Vegas DH will have it as well if his confirmation email comes through before check in in 2weeks

Edited at 11:06 PM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Just an FYI, we were reminded at our interview that if we renew our passports during the 5 yr period of GE we have to update our profile on their website or it will no longer work. GE is directly linked to your passport number.
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

This has caught my interest. So we can now do the interview on arrival at MCO rather than book a separate appointment? Is that in the 'normal' immigration line, do we have to ask at the desk also?

The time for the appointment has always been the deal breaker.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
No, you won’t receive Global Entry cards and don’t need them anyway as their system identifies you as being a GE member from your passport number.
Thanks SteveC

That's what the officer wasn't sure of... completely understand it's linked to passport just wanted to make sure if I needed to look out for them that I knew how long they would take!
Old 28 Oct 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by wpalmer View Post
Just an FYI, we were reminded at our interview that if we renew our passports during the 5 yr period of GE we have to update our profile on their website or it will no longer work. GE is directly linked to your passport number.

Yes... understood! They were clear on that with us too!