Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Apr 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
Yip, another family of 5 here!

Needing 2 rooms at Premier Inn or similar types of hotels here in the UK push cheap breaks up in price

xx
Ha ha ...I even offered DH to stay at home and have some peace for 3 weeks next year. He was having none of it though Most places cater for 4 which is so annoying.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Ha ha ...I even offered DH to stay at home and have some peace for 3 weeks next year. He was having none of it though Most places cater for 4 which is so annoying.
My biggest bug bear is one person sitting at the only table in a cafe/restaurant for larger families, yet the place has a million tables for two

My h told me we weren't going next year so I booked a villa for 2021. I then talked him round to 2 weeks on i-drive doing Universal only using Uber/Lyft and the accommodations free transport to Universal parks. Then I managed to persuade him to add on a 7 day Disney ticket. Then I talked him round to extending it to 3 weeks i-drive so we could do 1 week Universal, 1 week Disney and 1 week of exploring.

Now we've booked 3 weeks i-drive, 14 day universal & 14 day disney tickets and car hire for 3 weeks

And he has the nerve to say I'm spoiled!

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
deedlemilo
I want to go now!

I know so many family of 5s too-its not like we are a rare breed haha!
I've become a bit of an expert on med breaks that cater for 5 . Although recently we went to center parcs and hid the youngest under a coat ;0
deedlemilo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
deedlemilo
I want to go now!

thank you I didn't know that
deedlemilo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ROL1983
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I know the feeling with the 3 kids. We always struggle to get hotels that aren’t a fortune. We could only get beach club or POR for 5 persons, we were happy with the QSDP and couldn’t justify the extra £1200 they wanted for the beach club.
I’ve been tempted to sneak the youngest into hotels too! 😂
ROL1983 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deedlemilo View Post
If I price it up individually I can't get it cheaper
Disney direct is £3003 for Beach club
Tix for universal and disney are £3445 from ATD
1 night Hard rock is £270 on expedia
total £6715.00
I've think you've got a pretty good deal, I could get it to £6665, but not better than your quote. You might want to see the cost without HRH though as Expedia (and few other sites) are doing club rooms for only £10 a room more. Or if you agent can get the club room at a deal too.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
deedlemilo
I want to go now!

thanks very much
Old 28 Apr 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

I don't think that's a bad price for Beach Club - the Disney tickets will be included in the total purchase price if you have the DDP.
I have priced Universal tickets up this morning for us ( all adult tickets as the kids will be 18 and 15 next year ) and that alone comes to over £1100. I will probably get these via ATD and Universal 3 night stay via Expedia with some Quidco.
My booking with Disney for Beach Club for 4 of us for 11 nights came to £6435 with an extra $100 gift card and Quidco also tracked at £194
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Its not a bad price, we are a family of 6 so no longer fit in one room Gets even more expensive.
Old 28 Apr 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are a family of 5. I’m not sure why people are saying it impacts the price. 1-5 is the same price for accommodation in BC. Only difference is the requirement for park tickets.

I understand the issues in UK/Europe. Surely the ‘price per room’ model of USA makes it much better?
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List