Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 24 Sep 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

wedding guest dress

I am looking for a dress for a wedding,I have looked on the internet for inspiration because I hate shopping with a vengance,I have looked at all the standard websites eg next,debenhams etc,can anyone recommend any more independent websites which they have used,I have seen some but the reviews are abysmal,so I am hoping for some suggestions from someone

Edited at 07:38 PM.
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Give us a bit more info. Budget, style, preferred colours
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Without being rude , if you are of a certain age (60) have a look at Roman or Oasis , that's where I got mine earlier this year . Phase 8 too
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not sure of your age but Asos, Next, Misguided, Coast, Monsoon, Chi Chi London, for older ladies Kaleidoscope, Marisota, Next, Very.co.uk, Jd Williams! I’m also looking x

Edited at 07:43 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

I will be interested in any replies you get. Like you, I also hate shopping. I need an outfit for my sons wedding at Christmas. Doesn't help that I need petite as well. I am 62 and all the mother of the bridegroom models look about 25

Edited at 07:46 PM.
burkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We got my mum’s mother of the bride dress (and jacket) from Phase 8, but they have some lovely occasion wear!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Depends on you age, wedding style, time of year, budget.
I love Ted Baker. Got a lovely one for my friends wedding.
House of Fraser has a good selection of brands.
Chi chi London have lovely dressier dresses.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Without being rude , if you are of a certain age (60) have a look at Roman or Oasis , that's where I got mine earlier this year . Phase 8 too
I have just looked at Roman, couple of dresses I quite like, just the length not sure about. I noticed they have a store very near me so might take a look in there.
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Last two weddings I've been to I've worn Joanna Hope dresses from JD Williams. For my son's wedding (I was restricted to black and white) I went to a little shop in Mayfair.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I got my outfit from Marisota for my son's wedding in August.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List