Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Oct 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t need convincing I’ll eat anything!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Great start.

I’ll have to remember that tip about the local of ihop as the last couple of times (except this very last trip) we have been we found it to be dirty and not great food or service.

Looking forward to reading more!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great start. We've been to that ihop a few times and always liked it.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loving the beer glass, the nachos looked fab too. Both your meals in Applebee’s and IHOP look lovely.
Hope you get sorted out with your leg.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

DAY THREE
BUSCH GARDENS AND BAMBOO WOK

We had already decided weeks before the trip that this Sunday night we would be having a Take Away as I am a big Pittsburgh Steelers fan and Elaine is a New England Patriots fan. So as they were paired together on the opening Sunday Night Football of the season it was a no brainer to stay in.
So it was off to Busch Gardens early in the morning and arrived in good time ready for Rope Drop. Despite it being the weekend we were surprised at how quiet the park was and every ride was literally walk on including Tigris.
We were feeling a bit peckish around lunchtime so after coming off Sheikra we decided to share a snack at Sheikra Eats and got some Loaded Fries and went for the chilli and cheese option

Now in our defence we have had these and the bacon and cheese option before many years ago and they were really tasty.
These were not. Zero flavour zero taste and zero seasoning. To sum them up in one word? Vile.
Needless to say half went in the bin and it was interesting to note that when we walked past in the second visit we seen 2 couples bin theirs as well.
As a result we became peckish again so on the way out of the park we popped into Moroccan Delights to share an Ice Cream. We decided to go for a Sundae which came with 2 toppings so we opted for Hot Fudge and Strawberries

Oh boy this was sooo good! We didn't know if they had a special offer on but we only got charged $3.99 for it. We have had a sundae before from Sultan Sweets but this was seriously in a different league,

So arrived home, chilled and in preparation for the Big Game headed for Bamboo Wok at Berry Town Center. Now to be fair this place makes me laugh every time we go. The food is fabulous and it is just as well because the man who we presume is one of the owners has absolutely ZERO people skills. He just growls at you and is a bit like a very angry Basil Fawlty!
We stuck to our traditional order here with Elaine going for a Special Combination Sweet and Sour Chicken and a carton of Curry Sauce(she never uses the Sweet and Sour and uses the Curry instead)

While I went for the Special Combination Sesame Chicken

Bearing in mind you get the main, Pork Fried Rice and an Egg Roll for less than $10 and the portion sizes are big this is excellent value for money and as usual the meals were absolutely delicious.
So with a full belly got comfortable for the game only to spend a long three hours watching the Steelers get hammered by Tom Brady and his crew
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Loving the beer glass, the nachos looked fab too. Both your meals in Applebee’s and IHOP look lovely.
Hope you get sorted out with your leg.
Cheers, will update on here after I've been to the Fracture Clinic on Thursday
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

DAY FOUR
THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY

As we knew we were having a late night and were going to wait in to complete the documentation for the Villa we decided today would be a chill day.
Now I know this is a food report and am going slightly off kilter but this is a big thank you to Tim and Jen Tracker who introduced us via their vlog to the beauty of Blue Springs State Park. This is the second time we have been and although we saw no manatees this year it is always worth the visit to see the true Florida

If you are looking for a peaceful relaxing day away from the parks this is the place to come

So having spent a couple of hours at the park we headed back to Orlando and stopped at The Mall of Millenia for a bite to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Even though it was around 3 o'clock we were seated more or less straight away. We were both hungry so avoided the Lunchtime portions and went for full size!
Elaine went for Louisiana Chicken Pasta

While I went for something different. I normally have the Spicy Cashew Chicken here but as we had Chinese last night I didn't fancy another one so had the Spicy Chipotle Chicken Pasta instead

Both Mains were of high quality and thoroughly enjoyable as is always the case but would we have room for dessert? The answer was yes!
Now this is the time for another shout out to The Despicable Three. Jim Steph and Jimmy ordered this pud on one of their Vlogs and in fairness we had forgotten all about it until we seen it on the TVs while waiting for our mains to arrive, so Ladies and Gentlemen I give you The Strawberry Shortcake!

This was Incredible! Despite it's hugeness we were determined to finish it but in the end it beat us by about 4 mouthfuls. I cannot stress how good this was but IMHO this wipes the floor with any Cheesecake on offer. So my advice would be don't pay the $7.99 for the Cheesecake pay an extra $2 and have this massive portion of heavenly goodness instead!
As most will tell you The Cheesecake Factory never leaves you hungry and that was the case with us as we did not need to eat anything for the rest of the day.
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Cheesecake factory looks lovely
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Cheesecake factory looks lovely
Have a great trip. Wish I was coming!
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
Have a great trip. Wish I was coming!
Thank you