Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Oct 12, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
*kate*
Excited about Disney

Help - things to do!

I had lots of waterpark days etc planned for our last week, but as its so cold here, Blizzard Beach was closed today, and tbh, as we are "cold" people we wouldn't be going in the water anyway unless the temperature improves massively (think about 30 degrees!).

Soooooooo, what can we do? I'm looking for ideas for at least three days. Today we did mini golf (which we'll happily do again) and then went to the cinema. We also looked in at Disneyquest but it made my DH feel unwell and the kids weren't that bothered about it and came out to join us fairly quickly. So anything like that it out (flashing lights and sensory overload!)

What's Wonderworks like? Is Ripley's any good? Kennedy? ( the oldest thinks that Kennedy might not be her kind of thing, and both DS and I suffer badly from motion sickness, and someone mentioned that there were a lot of motion sickness inducing experiences at Kennedy)

We have done the parks tbh, and none of us feel like doing them again, plus our tickets start to run out this week on a staggered basis.

Any ideas gratefully considered, thank you we are staying in Lake Buena Vista, but don't really fancy driving too far tbh (as it's hell on earth being stuck in the car with three kids! I'd rather eat my own kidneys)

Edited at 02:48 AM.
*kate* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 12, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
smudge79
Apprentice Imagineer

The weather is due to pick up on Thursday. We were the same today and just had a relaxing day in our apartment and did a little bit of shopping. We have had 3 weeks of amazing weather though so are happy to have some down time. We did Wonderworks a few years ago and weren't that impressed. There is a new trampolining centre but I can't remember where. How about bowling?

We are due to fly into Newark on Thursday so thinking we might be staying a few extra days.
smudge79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 12, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post

We are over here and did Kennedy today ... I was a bit sceptical but actually found I really enjoyed it! It was an expensive day at $50 each but we figured we wouldnt get the opportunity again (and this is our 4th trip!). Only one motion ride there so don't worry about that. Arrived at 10 and much to my surprise, we left at 4.15 so a good, full day, followed by a quick trip to Cocoa beach for a look ... and a beer!

Other than that... the Florida Mall is always good for a few hours shopping :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 12, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I haven't done it myself but I know that celebration is always highly recommended. You can go on a Segway there or just walk round the shops or relax by the lake and look for gators!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 12, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
joshmadty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *kate* View Post
I had lots of waterpark days etc planned for our last week, but as its so cold here, Blizzard Beach was closed today, and tbh, as we are "cold" people we wouldn't be going in the water anyway unless the temperature improves massively (think about 30 degrees!).

Soooooooo, what can we do? I'm looking for ideas for at least three days. Today we did mini golf (which we'll happily do again) and then went to the cinema. We also looked in at Disneyquest but it made my DH feel unwell and the kids weren't that bothered about it and came out to join us fairly quickly. So anything like that it out (flashing lights and sensory overload!)

What's Wonderworks like? Is Ripley's any good? Kennedy? ( the oldest thinks that Kennedy might not be her kind of thing, and both DS and I suffer badly from motion sickness, and someone mentioned that there were a lot of motion sickness inducing experiences at Kennedy)

We have done the parks tbh, and none of us feel like doing them again, plus our tickets start to run out this week on a staggered basis.

Any ideas gratefully considered, thank you we are staying in Lake Buena Vista, but don't really fancy driving too far tbh (as it's hell on earth being stuck in the car with three kids! I'd rather eat my own kidneys)
You HAVE to try the indoor surfing place. THE best fun ever.
Fantasy Surf at FantasyWorldResort is conveniently located off of Poinciana Boulevard between SR 535 and Hwy 192:
5151 Kyngs Heath Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746
ultimateindoorwave.com
Old 30 Oct 12, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cheryl Lynn
Imagineer

Cheryl Lynn's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Go shopping
Old 30 Oct 12, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

We did Ripleys - would take a couple of hours to go round probably longer if you pushed every button, and turned every handle... Celebration is also good - we did some window shopping - had lunch -then wandered round and found Wisteria Lane - but no desperate housewives! Ood and ahhd at some of the mansions there - and dreamt of what we could buy if we won Euromillions or a few mill on the lottery.
pandanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 12, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

We are also thinking of doing Wonderworks today, as a quiet day. Def a chill in the air for the water parks.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 12, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread