Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile Vacations to go

Has anyone ever booked a cruise with vacations to go?
Their prices are so low that I'm very wary. I've read reviews and they vary from brilliant to don't touch them
The cruise we are looking at for next year is £3000 through celebrity or through our local travel agent ,but VTG are offering the same one for $1429

They are based in Texas and been in business since the 80's
Too good to be true ? Or genuine
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I used them, absolutely excellent. A guy called Carson Seargeant I used he was great. I will definitely use them for every cruise now.
Interesting to read the bad reviews. VTG is a travel agent booking the cruise. Most of the bad reviews seem to be from clueless people who don't realise they are booking with the cruise line. Some examples of reviews I've just read;

1. My dog was diabetic so I had to cancel and VTG charged 75%. No, the cruise line did, as that was in the T&Cs.
2. I was shocked to discover VTG did not organise my transport to the cruise.
3. There was no in room credit (VTG confirm it was cheapest possible price).

It goes on...

Like anything the person dealing will be a big factor, this Carson guy was excellent, if you want his email pm me by all means. What I really liked about him was I had a Disney cruise booked and I called to discuss a RCI cruise instead (which I booked). He spent 10 mins telling me to think carefully as Disney cruises are good. If he'd persuaded me to stick with Disney, no doubt he would have lost a commission. I got a cheaper price than with RCI, I asked and got a $50 credit, and he booked us an ideally positioned cabin (I was clueless it being my first cruise).

Edited at 01:53 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Has anyone ever booked a cruise with vacations to go?
Their prices are so low that I'm very wary. I've read reviews and they vary from brilliant to don't touch them
The cruise we are looking at for next year is £3000 through celebrity or through our local travel agent ,but VTG are offering the same one for $1429

They are based in Texas and been in business since the 80's
Too good to be true ? Or genuine
Mickeyspal, is your one that includes flights? would that be the case with VTG?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for that Yorkshire T, really good to know
Lou Lou 127 the one we looked at didn't include fights it was the same deal , apart from the OBC of $ 300 I would take the hit on that though
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Booked twice with them and no problems. I always ask them to qoute for me but in last year or two it has always been cheaper to book in sterling with UK agent.

We always find their headline prices always go up a lot when you add in taxes etc. Make sure you are comparing like for like e.g. Does UK prices include gratuities?

Edited at 04:56 PM.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We find them very good but remember that taxes and fees have to be added to the price you first see.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cityblueboy
VIP Dibber

cityblueboy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Used them several times with no issues at all.
cityblueboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone