Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Charter Travel - Thoughts Please

Just trying to book our trip to Disney and have got a quote from Charter Travel which to me seems a very good price but wondered what experiences people have with them, good and bad.

They are quoting just over £8K for 2 Adults and 1 Teen, departing on 12 August.
Direct Virgin Flights from Manchester to MCO
5 Nights POR with full DDP
5 Nights Lowes Royal Pacific
5 Nights in a 2 Bed Suite in St. Petersberg
15 nights intermediate car hire and insurance
All park tickets.

If the prices were with a different airline I wouldn't think the price was amazing but looking at Virgin costs this year to get direct flights and accommodation for this seems to good to be true

Just wondered if the company had a good reputation.
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Seems good. We have booked with them for 2020 2 adults I teen . 13 nights POR with DDP not QS and 3 nights RPR at universal including park tickets for both , memory maker, 200 dollar gift card fly Virgin from Manchester to MCO 12 th August at 11. 10 I think , garden view room at POR and return sedan from universal to MCO for £9435
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

I only ever book though charter. They are always the most competitive regarding prices.

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
You get a split on this forum if you mention Charter. Majority who have booked very happy. Some people unhappy as they don't get responses to quote requests. Small number very unhappy about customer service and payment methods.

I used them once and was perfectly happy. They were not competative other times and DIY was cheaper.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jomarise
Getting Excited

I booked with them. Going next month, We got a really good price. Only thing I would say is, you can pay deposit on Credit Card but they requested the rest was paid by bank transfer. We don't have a problem with this personally but some people don't like it.

They have always got back to me the same day when I have asked a question.
jomarise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
You get a split on this forum if you mention Charter. Majority who have booked very happy. Some people unhappy as they don't get responses to quote requests. Small number very unhappy about customer service and payment methods.

I used them once and was perfectly happy. They were not competative other times and DIY was cheaper.
Thanks for this, I have been costing it up DIY and I can’t do it cheaper, so far they have been very responsive regarding changes to the quote
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have just returned after using flights and car hire through them. No problems at all and very competitively priced. Saved about £800 for the 3 of us versus going direct with Virgin.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I have used them numerous times for accommodation and no problems at all.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kellogs
Trading Disney Pins

We have used them for at least three trips, always competitively priced (better than I could get DIY); quick responses and very helpful. Would have no worries about booking with them. We've just booked for June next year.
kellogs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We've just got back having booked with Charter. Spent weeks beforehand shopping around and getting quotes etc and they were easily the cheapest. Was a little apprehensive but had no problems whatsoever and would seek them out next time.
walshi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List