Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Twilight check in, Hotel & Parking - Manchester

I've just buckled and booked a last minute (for us) holiday to Orlando. This was supposed to be a year off... OOPS

As its in November, there were no direct flights from Scotland, so we're flying from Manchester, the plan being to drive down on Friday evening for the Saturday flight.

Looking for suggestions on the best option of overnight stay & car parking. Head is swirling with the options when I've searched. Also never done the twilight check-on, so no idea how that works.
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have you thought of getting the train? Station in the airport at Manchester. Short walk to Radisson or shuttle to most of the other hotels. Premier inns (north & south) and HI express short cab ride away.
Saves that dreadful drive home which we will not do anymore (we live in Carlisle)

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Easiest is the Radisson. On site and A one minute walk from T2 and easy walk to T1 and T3. Also the most expensive. They do parking too but having used that and the T2 Meet and Greet I prefer the latter. Easier to reclaim your car on your return. The cheapest way to book at the Radisson is to join their Club. Then book a club member room rate and lay fully in advance (risk of course if you have to cancel). Cheaper options are the Premier Inns. There’s another hotel as well that does much cheaper family rooms. I think it’s called the Clayton but I’ve never stayed there. Personally I prefer the Radisson but would use any of the others but always now use T2 Meet and Greet. Radisson has a pool, gym, steam room and sauna room included in the price. Has a vastly deteriorated (age there last week) and ridiculously expansive restaurant or a bar with pizza.
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Used both Premier inns at Manchester. Easy and we park there the night before and then do the T2 meet and greet.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
Used both Premier inns at Manchester. Easy and we park there the night before and then do the T2 meet and greet.
Snap !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Thanks all.

My other half refuses to use the meet & greet (watched too many programs on TV about cars getting damaged, parked in streets etc) and I'm struggling to find a park yourself car park. The only one i've found seems to be this Care Park.
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Holiday extras ... Jetparks and Premier inn as a package.
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
We are doing this, much less hassle than us driving down from where we are on flight day.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pezilla
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Were just getting the train . And stopping the night before. That way were not worrying about the car too x
Old 7 Sep 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I personally would not bother with twilight check-in - unless the OP does decide to drive so can dump the overnight stuff / Fridays dirty clothes in the car boot before parking it on the Saturday morning. Certainly to us, there is no benefit of getting rid of the checked luggage the night before.

I've stayed at both the Radisson a couple of times, but always use Premier Inn's now. The Radisson cannot be beaten for convenience, but costs 3x more than the Premier Inn's (assuming you get a decent deal).

A word of warning about the Premier Inn's near the airport - there are three. Runger Lane North & South, plus Heald Green. Stick to the first two - all the rooms are air-conditioned in these hotels. Only some at Heald Green have air-conditioning.

Last time at Heald Green we went out for dinner in Altrincham & decided to have a drink in the bar on our return to Heald Green. Big mistake! It was a Friday night and some of the local characters were in the bar - quite drunk too. There was a fair bit of shouting & one of the drunk guys dropped his full pint onto the floor (it shattered) before collapsing himself. The bar staff did a clearly well-rehearsed routine of giving him an empty ice bucket to throw up into.

The two Runger Lane Premier Inn's are out in the sticks a bit, i.e. not on a high street like Heald Green so that should keep the local cabaret away from the bar.

Edited at 09:11 AM.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List