Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 16, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Flying out August return September- what would be a good price?

We are looking to fly out mid August 2017 (around the 15th to 18th) return 28 days later so mid September. 2 adults and 3 children flying out from Manchester. Thomas cook price showing as around £3400.
What kind of price would be considered a good price for then?
I'm planning to wait until Virgin release theirs- or should I go for the Thomas cook? I was really hoping to get flights for 3k or less- is this too optimistic?
Tried Thomson and was told they don't do 28days, also couldn't buy one way tickets either.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridadreaming View Post
We are looking to fly out mid August 2017 (around the 15th to 18th) return 28 days later so mid September. 2 adults and 3 children flying out from Manchester. Thomas cook price showing as around £3400.
What kind of price would be considered a good price for then?
I'm planning to wait until Virgin release theirs- or should I go for the Thomas cook? I was really hoping to get flights for 3k or less- is this too optimistic?
Tried Thomson and was told they don't do 28days, also couldn't buy one way tickets either.
Last year we booked our flights in the Virgin sale at Easter and got them for under £500 each incl ELR direct going out August/back Sept that was 14 days not 28 days though
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That is an amazing price! I am so scared to hold out as we will have booked our villa, i will have to see if I can hold my nerve.
Old 21 Jun 16, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I paid £1300 indirect last year for two adults x
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We paid £380pp for 3 weeks from 22nd august to 12th sept this year indirect 1 stop with BA.got a similar deal last year too,flydrive not much more.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 04:42 AM  
Link to this Post

I fly out of gatwick (which is always dearer than Manchester) 18th Aug and return 8th sept, direct with virgin and I paid £780 per adult and £580 per child.
Old 22 Jun 16, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridadreaming View Post
That is an amazing price! I am so scared to hold out as we will have booked our villa, i will have to see if I can hold my nerve.

Forgot to say this was from Gatwick- we always book within 3 to 6 months of when we want to go so if you can hold your nerve and wait for a sale you should be able to get a good price. Most of the time we use air miles but often the sales prices are good enough that we just pay and save the miles.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeC1964
Very Serious Dibber

Around the 17th August seems to be the 'magic date' after which prices tend to come down and be far more reasonable. Unfortunately as our kids have to be back in school we can never quite do this as we like to go for three weeks.
Old 22 Jun 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

For what it is worth when you are staying that long you get much better value for money out of the flights...
Old 22 Jun 16, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

I have been monitoring prices as we will be flying out late August and back early September.

I think we will be able to get seats at £500-600 pp - you should aim for £500 each as you will be flying home even later than us. Don't book too early and keep a look out for a good deal!
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread