Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Dec 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
Sorry to jump in but my son is just the same as the OP dd - doesn't eat sauces. I've tried to pre-order the fruit platter but can't see it as an option on the VA website?
You need to ring them to order the fruit platter. It’s not online
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
Sorry to jump in but my son is just the same as the OP dd - doesn't eat sauces. I've tried to pre-order the fruit platter but can't see it as an option on the VA website?
Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
If you order the fruit platter then all he will get is the fruit, no pudding. The meals have got to be in sauce so that they can keep them warm in the ovens otherwise the meals would just dry out.
Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
You need to ring them to order the fruit platter. It’s not online
Just so you are aware**** I ordered the fruit platter in Oct as just did not fancy any of the meals.

Presented with 3 bowls ( starter, main and dessert)
Fine you may think, but believe me 3 bowls of melon which was not at its best is off putting .
Anyway along comes afternoon tea, and correct you guessed right **** another 3 bowls.

Coming home exactly the same time exactly the same with a few grapes and manky banana thrown in. Never again, take some sandwiches with you
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

my son will not eat anything remotely sauce like .. no pizza, beans, or anything. he also doesn't like pasta or rice .. yep really fussy.
we have always just bought snacks for him on the plane and made sure we have something to eat before boarding. its worked for the last 16 years and nope hes never gotten any better lol.

Also if I can remember that far back I remember the kids meals being not as bad .. meal no good but it used to be cookie and fruit bag (but that was a while ago lol)
Old 16 Dec 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Fruit platter .. I remember a couple of years ago we were bumped from upper to premium and again he wouldn't eat anything, I asked the steward if we could have something different and his reply was no. what really knarked me was he went into upper and got fruit for the woman behind us! It was so annoying as in upper there is a better choice which we had booked and paid for.
mind we did get a good compensation for the downgrade