Notices

Old 8 Mar 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

... and Then There Were 3 -Day 14- Disney Springs & Travelling Home

A bit of a delay in posting the final day of our holiday, due to a long travel day, desperation for sleep and 7 loads of washing (so far!) but here goes...

We were up late today, we didn't have to check out till 12 so there was no rush. We all voted for Perkins for our final breakfast in Orlando having been really impressed with our previous meal there.

It was very busy this morning but we hoped that this was a good indication of the quality of their breakfast offerings.

DH ordered the Triple Egg Dare Ya, which consisted of 3 eggs, 3 sausage links, 3 bacon strips and either breakfast potatoes or hash browns. He was hungry this morning so also ordered a portion of fries. What neither of us realised was that it also came with these...

... 2 slices of French Toast and 2 pancakes!

I had a skillet of steak tips, mushrooms and peppers with farmhouse potatoes in gravy. This wasn't actually on the breakfast menu but that wasn’t a problem and it was delicious.

DD only wanted toast and some fries. We all 3 shared the unexpected French toast and pancakes but we still couldn’t finish it all - it was just way too much food!

The meals here really are excellent quality and value. We all wished that we’d tried it much sooner in the holiday but agreed that, if we had, we probably would never have eaten anywhere else. I’ve lost the receipt but it cost approx $35 including tip.

After breakfast we returned to our room, finished packing and checked out of the hotel. We left our luggage in storage at the hotel and headed for Disney Springs to enjoy our last bit of Florida sunshine.

We were dropped off at West Side next to the old Cirque du Soleil building. We strolled through to the Market Place admiring the new theming and landscaping - when we were last here it was still Downtown Disney.

First stop was the Lego shop we took lots of pics of the impressive models but DD decided against adding to her collection.

We then headed to the World of Disney, where we spent ages just looking at the vast array of stock.

I'm not sure what to make of the changes to this shop. It is easier to find what you're looking for with the new layout - I've been known to get lost in here before - but it seems to have lost some of the magic somehow.

Anyhow, despite lots of browsing, we made just 2 purchases. DD bought a Stitch key ring for $7.99 and I finally settled on a Disney Pandora charm

This gorgeous Minnie Mouse clip with crystal bow for $90.

We slowly made our way around the shops. I wanted to visit Once Upon A Story. I remembered DS20 and DD18 getting Mr Potato Head boxes from here when they were younger where they could buy as many accessories as they could fit in a box for a fixed price - I think it was about $20. DGD is now into Toy Story and has both Mr & Mrs Potato Head so I hoped that they still did a similar deal. I was disappointed to find that they didn't and that the shop is only about half the size that it used to be.

We sat by the lake just people watching and enjoying a final ice-cream. Just making the most of the beautiful weather.

By 3pm we reluctantly decided that it was time to call an Uber to take us back to the Rosen Inn for the last time to collect our luggage.

We were at MCO by 4pm and checked in for our flight very quickly. We spent some time in Duty Free doing our last bits of present shopping to take home for DS33, D-i-l and DS20. Unimaginative maybe, but when inspiration runs out cigarettes and booze always go down well!

We went to Burger King and got DD a meal as she'd eaten so little of the plane food on the outbound journey. We also bought her a colouring and activity set, some bottles of pop to take on board and a Lunchables Snack Pack in case she got hungry during the flight.

The flight took off on time. We were served with drinks and pretzels almost as soon as the seatbelt signs went off - I had a vodka and coke as I hoped that it might help me sleep!

Less than an hour later we had our evening meal. This was the menu. DD (predictably!) didn't like the sound of any of it. By the time they reached us they'd run out of the Pulled Pork so DH and I both asked for the Chicken Malvani. When we removed the foil lids we were surprised to find this...

... chicken meatballs with mashed potato and broccoli. We both ate it but, honestly, what is the point of giving out menus if none of the options are available?

It was served with a bread roll, crackers and cheese. I also got a glass of white wine. It wasn't the best meal that I've ever had but it filled a gap. As with the outbound flight, the dessert (which was as advertised) was the best bit.

We needn't have worried about DD getting hungry as she spent most of the flight like this!

DH snoozed and watched a couple of films including Braven which he enjoyed.

I always struggle to sleep on a night flight so settled down to watch The Jinx which I'd read good things about on The Dibb and was really looking forward to.

We made good time across the Atlantic and the crew announced that we were on schedule for a 7hr flight.

Breakfast was served at about 6am (UK time) and consisted of a blueberry yoghurt, an Aussie bar and a hot cheese croissant. This was all pretty awful! The croissant was too hot to eat when first served but solid and rubbery when cooled. None of us bothered with much of it.

We were soon descending into Gatwick. Although it was great to land earlier than expected, I still had 30 minutes left of my box set to watch so now need to find a way of watching the ending in the U.K.!

We were quickly through passport control, baggage reclaim and customs and back at the car. We actually left the car park at 9.30am - only a few minutes after we were originally due to land.

After an uneventful drive we are finally back at home and unpacked. Now just to catch up with all the family and plough through the mountain of washing... not just ours, but also what DD18 and DS20 have managed to accumulate over the last two weeks!

When we've settled back in I'll be back with some final thoughts and future plans. Thanks to all those of you who’ve read along with our adventure!

Edited at 11:11 PM.
ally1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Have thoroughly enjoyed this.Thank you for sharing x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by ally1966 - 8 Mar 19 8:57 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Have thoroughly enjoyed this.Thank you for sharing x
Thank-you for reading, I’ve enjoyed writing it!
Old 8 Mar 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

I didn't comment on each days posts but enjoyed reading all about your adventure. We weret the Rosen Inn 10th-15th Feb thought it was great for the money. We stayed there for our honeymoon back in 1988 and thought we would go back for old times sake. Thanks for your lovely report.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely holiday

Thank you for taking the time to do a live trippie I have really enjoyed reading along

Joan
Old 9 Mar 19, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

Really enjoyed following your daily reports, thank you for taking the time to do them
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace2007
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi, enjoyed reading your posts, it all sounds like you had a great time.
Grace2007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Looks like you had an amazing time! Thanks for sharing
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for writing up your reports, have read along daily and enjoyed listening about your adventures
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List