Notices

Old 8 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Argentina: Summer In Winter - Spring 2019: Day 11- Leaving Buenos Aires

It was time to head home! We had had an absolutely fabulous trip but that time had come!

As our flight was not until 6pm we had the morning to fill! We had breakfast (egg on toast and coffee again!) and I confirmed with reception that check out was at 2pm. I also booked a taxi for 2.15pm.

Our legs were tired after the 18km yesterday. We decided to stay relatively local and chose to go to the outlets.

It was quite posh and very quiet. A lot of the shops we had never heard of. Neither O nor I are the best shoppers so my purse stayed intact!

We decided to have a Starbucks - we were in no rush! I tried the dulce de leche frappacino. It was a bit too sweet even for me.

We had a slow saunter back to the hotel. O was keen to eat at the hotel again as we weren't sure when we would have a good meal again!

O, for a change, had salmon and chips. I had a quinoa burger and fries. We both enjoyed what we had!

We went back up to the room, both had showers and got changed. I packed away the last of our stuff. We were down in reception just before 2pm and in the taxi at 2.15pm!

The journey took about 45 minutes - it was another bank holiday so the roads were quiet.

We checked in fairly quickly and decided to head through security. This was on the light side yet again! We also went through immigration and got our exit stamps!

We found a seat overlooking our plane - which had arrived in BA at 8am! No risk of leaving late then!

The wifi was quick so we spent our time surfing the web! I also used the last of our pesos on a Starbucks coffee, a frappacino and a chocolate muffin!

Boarding started at 5pm. We were seated in the small economy section just in front of Premium Economy. I had an aisle seat and O was on the front row (we don't mind not sitting together - easy access out was our main priority! )

However, the person next to me was extremely wide (a bodybuilder?) and pretty much invaded my space. I insisted that the armrest stayed down...

The flight took off on time and we must have had good wind condition as the flying time was under 13 hours.

I watched Crazy Rich Asians which was light relief.

Dinner was brought around after about 90 minutes.

The salad was ok but I found the veggie pasta pretty awful. O liked it though.

I then watched A Star is Born which I really enjoyed. I slept on and off but as I was cramped into my seat it was not the best night's sleep I had had.

We landed at Frankfurt 40 minutes early - but we were in no rush to get off as our connecting flight wasn't until 5 hours later!

We had to go through passport control and went into the main departures area. We found a Starbucks and I had a coffee to try to stay awake.

I left O there while I headed to the supermarket to get some smoked cheese - a favourite of mine that I can't get in France!

Lunch was bagels - avocado for me snd smoked salmon for O!

O also had a black forest shake!

We headed back through security - much more intense and reassuring!

The plane was parked on a very remote stand - it took about 10 minutes on the bus! We were on the emergency exit row - with a spare seat. After take off I fell asleep!

We landed on time and J was there to collect us! It had been a long day - 24 hours from leaving the hotel to getting home but an absolutely amazing trip!

Edited at 11:24 PM.
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 8 Mar 19 10:22 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I will hopefully do a final thoughts post over the weekend! Thanks to everyone for reafing along!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Hmm, never good to be next to a space invader on the plane. I do sympathise .
All in all it seemed to go very smoothly though. Glad you are home safe . It’s been fab following along. Hope you both get some decent sleep 💤
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice to have a 2pm check out to give you time to shower and leave your bags until you left for the airport. Another smooth travel day, shame about the seat hogger next to you. I do love to watch a film or two on a long haul flight, I hope a Star is Born is on our long flight to Vietnam this summer I fancy seeing that 😀

Thanks for writing the report, we really enjoyed it. It’s fascinating to see a country we had never considered as a holiday destination before. It certainly looks interesting and worth visiting 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Once again thanks for doing a trippie I have thoroughly enjoyed reading along, sounds like you both had a great trip and saw some different things

Joan
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I'm so sorry I didn't manage to read along live with our trip Mel, however, what an amazing trip it has been. Thank you as always for taking the time to share it with us, you're a star.
Old 15 Mar 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Glad your flight was okay, shame about your giant seat mate. I can’t believe you can’t get smoked cheese in France!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Last days can always be a bit strange in terms of knowing what to do. The late check out probably helped though.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Hmm, never good to be next to a space invader on the plane. I do sympathise .
All in all it seemed to go very smoothly though. Glad you are home safe . It’s been fab following along. Hope you both get some decent sleep 💤
Thanks Amanda! I have never been next to such a space invader before!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg