Notices

Old 2 Nov 19, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The market looks interesting, lots of unusual items for sale, well unusual for us. You seem to be enjoying your tour of the city and all the sights. I hope O did well in his exams, he certainly seems to be very dedicated and is knuckling down to study even with your visit going on.
O is a grafter it has to be said!

I am having a fabulous time - sad that it is almost over!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
You are so brave to go off and explore all these places, I do admire you with all your travels.
The markets must be so fascinating in what they sell in both a good and bad way, not sure I would like seeing some of the things they sell. I’m really enjoying reading along.
I don’t think I am brave. I love travelling but there are places I wouldn’t dare to go alone. Despite its current problems, it is actually a very safe city!

And thank you for your lovely comment

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Noooo. Coriander. Tastes like soap to me. It ruins my meals if I find some lurking. Especially in a salad 🤢

Great day exploring. It is fascinating to see the local traditions and the food markets although definitely not for the faint hearted . I’m not sure I could cope with either the fish or meat market.
Shame your lunch wasn’t cooked to your taste.

I miss read one part and was pondering on Peppa Pig being at B&Q but then re read it. 😂
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The coast looks lovely, you definitely saw quite an array of foods on your walk. Shame about the WiFi especially as you passed the University as I’m sure O would have enjoyed a coffee break between his studies-hope he did well in his exams.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
I’m not sure some of the stalls in that food market are for me. I also don’t get how the birds don’t nab those fish. They’d take them out of your hands in the UK!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Noooo. Coriander. Tastes like soap to me. It ruins my meals if I find some lurking. Especially in a salad 🤢

Great day exploring. It is fascinating to see the local traditions and the food markets although definitely not for the faint hearted . I’m not sure I could cope with either the fish or meat market.
Shame your lunch wasn’t cooked to your taste.

I miss read one part and was pondering on Peppa Pig being at B&Q but then re read it. 😂
I love coriander - my favourite herb 🤣

The markets really are so very different to my local ones! It is interesting to see that they really do use all of the meat - at one place they were chopping up chicken feet!

Index of my trip reports
Old 2 Nov 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
The coast looks lovely, you definitely saw quite an array of foods on your walk. Shame about the WiFi especially as you passed the University as I’m sure O would have enjoyed a coffee break between his studies-hope he did well in his exams.
The public wifi now seems to work - very strange!

Index of my trip reports
Old 2 Nov 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
I’m not sure some of the stalls in that food market are for me. I also don’t get how the birds don’t nab those fish. They’d take them out of your hands in the UK!
There really is an array of interesting food that is for sure! Most of it completely inedible as far as I am concerned
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A lovely day to yourself. The beach looks very nice indeed.