Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jan 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins

Volcano Bay / Clothing?

Hi all

Were planning on visiting volcano Bay, im plus size and i'm happy to wear a standard swimming costume in the pool/rides etc.

However all our clothing, bags etc with be in the locker, and we will be using the tapu tapu to pay for anything we want.

What do you guys do? leave a towel on your chair/bed? also do you cover up with a beach dress / sarong or something to go and get food? I don't fancy lining up and eating in a costume

Do you all wear swim shoes? can can you keep them on for rides? dont fancy walking about barefoot!
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I can’t answer about volcano bay specifically

But in the Disney water parks yes we all wore shoes and were glad for it. We got some hot tuna pink ones from sports direct

I’m also plus size. I have a halter long top and shorts to just above knees. All swim ones from yours clothing. I really like them but get someone to put suncream on as I forgot and burnt my shoulders.

We ended up not using a locker at the end at all. We kept the magic bands on and put the bag under the chair with only $10 in for snacks. Plus car keys. Didn’t take our phones at all and then put all our four towels on two of the lounges in the kids section whilst we went on the rides then came back and the kids went in the kids bit.

The costume I had quick dried and we only bought snacks from a truck type thing then ate our ice creams on our loungers. I felt ok walking around in that.

The stairs up to the ride nearly killed me tho. I definitely need to get fitter

Edited at 03:33 PM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thank you! It’s always a worry when your. A bit chubbier! 😂
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

We don't bother with shoes at water parks, you can usually find a shadier side of path to walk on or they spray the hot parts.
I personally just sit in my swimsuit to eat and maybe sat on a towel (also plus size). If you want to take a cover up I would just grab a sunlounger to leave your towels and cover up on.
We didn't take valuables to the Disney water parks and just left a bag with our sunscreen in on the sunlounger (but we were onsite so didn't have car keys, room keys etc) at VB we rented a locker for valuables and added a card to the Tapu tapu for charging food and drinks. Have fun!
discoclare is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We wear water shoes purely because of the hot floors but you have to take them off for some of the rides.
Most people just eat in there swimwear to be honest, it all depends how you feel about it.
I like to put on a tee shirt when I go to order food but that's just me.
We just leave towels on on sun beds nobody touches them.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

We didn’t wear shoes but be very careful as I found the floor very slippy and nearly went over a few times...
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

In addition to swim shorts I wore a rash vest and flip flops around VB. The vest kept the sun off my back and had the added bonus of sucking my gut in a bit. Flip flops can be left at the entrance to most of the rides. We had a small bag with sun cream etc. which we left with our towels on a lounger, but honestly we hardly used the lounger.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I used to chuck a dress on over my costume when going for lunch etc. but now I have a swim dress so I dont feel that I need to put anything else on. It doesn't feel overly pleasant in the water (the skirt bit can flap about in the water a bit) but I love it for walking around out of the water.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We put everything into a locker and dont tend to use a lounger. We spend all our time on rides and in the lazy river. The only time we tend to use a lounger is to leave flipflops on when in the lazy river.

My OH wears water shoes and doesn't take them off when riding anything. The floor is very hard, and we both found it hard on our knees to be walking barefoot on the hard concrete! Also its a very big park and there is a lot more walking to do than you think! Plus as someone else has said the stairs are a killer! I lost 3 stone between my first visit and my second and still found the walking/stairs tiresome!

With regards to the cover ups etc when eating, you can open your locker up as many times as you like throughout the day, so if you wanted to go and retrieve your cover up from the locker you can.
Just try to be mindful about which lockers you use and where they are in relation to what you want to spend your time doing/where you want to eat.