Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 4 Jan 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile Advice on where to go as a solo traveler for a couple of days.

As part of a works trip (in two weeks) I’ll probably have a couple of days and nights to my self.

I’ll spend the first part of the trip in Orlando and will be flying out of Miami.

I’ll have a car and don’t want to spend time in or around Orlando/Disney/universal etc as I’m heading back with the family later in the year.

I thought about heading to Havana but it seems like a hassle. I’ve thought about key west but it’s a bit of a treck and the accommodation is really expensive. Ive thought about Miami itself but I’m not 100% sure.

If you were a solo traveller with a car and had a couple of days and nights free, where would you go?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I was in Orlando last Nov, got chatting to a "local" in a store and he recommended going to St Augustine. I didn't have time but I've added it to my list for if I go again.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

If you want to completely relax and wind down we stayed at the Marco island beach resort

on Marco island in September the beach is stunning and the hotel staff spoil you ( we found it cheaper to book it separately with Virgin Holidays, Just using the hotel option on their website)

The island has lots of little eating places there is a Publix supermarket for snacks etc and its not too far from Naples which has plenty to do.

We are also fans of Fort Myers but that's because we like shopping and it is cheaper than Orlando , the beaches are nicer the further down you go on the Gulf Coast.

I like Key west but it is a fair drive and as you have already pointed out expensive accommodation wise.

Then you can drive across the everglades down to Miami
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Another vote for the Cape Coral / Fort Myers area. You can do a day trip to Key West from there as well on the Key West Express, a jet powered catamaran

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Edited at 06:46 AM.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Delray Beach! It's on the way to Miami, so no wasted time driving to and from a destination out of the way. It has a great evening vibe with options to satisfy all tastes and budgets. And the beach is almost impossible to beat. It's popular so hotels can be expensive during peak seasons or weekends.
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

OP, have you thought of heading East to Kennedy Space Centre, staying in one of the beachside towns (Daytona, New Smyrna etc) then working down the coast . As others have suggested you have Delray, also Palm Beach and other nice places on the way. Means just a couple of hours driving a day on the way down to Miami.

Edited at 01:49 AM.
Northerndave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List