Notices

View Poll Results: Frequent or luxurious?
I can afford it so I go often and luxurious both 70 16.71%
I can't afford both so I prefer to go more often on a budget 213 50.84%
I can't afford both so I prefer to go less often and have luxury 136 32.46%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Feb 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
frequent or luxurious?

Saw this comment from Cornishfrogboy on another thread "At an early stage, we decided that we would sooner vacation often than in luxury" (Hope it's OK to quote you)

It got me thinking cos I'm trying to decide which is me. When I used to travel with mom we did both 'often' AND 'luxury' so I was spoiled!
Just interested in other people's views on their own holidays - often OR in luxury? (assuming you don't have a mom or other relative like I had to sub you ). I love the luxury but that would mean being able to go maybe only every 3 years instead of every year. After my solo trip this year I'm going to have to consider this.
Which do you plan for?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Both!

We try to find a happy medium, we're very lucky that we don't rely on my wage so I work to increase the holiday budget (which is the BEST incentive!), we mostly have one 'big' 2 or 3 week holiday a year usually to the Far East, 1 Florida trip and a 'cheapie' week away somewhere like Malta/Lanzarote/Italy etc.

I like to have several trips to look forward to every year, but can't completely sacrifice on luxury, I'm completely aware of how much of a princess that makes me sound!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I think would say often...hopefully one day that may turn into often and luxurious lol.

Edited at 10:14 AM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We would prefer luxury.

The though of camping or a caravan holiday nowadays fills me with dread. When I was little it was a week under canvas in the middle of nowhere in a wet Scotland (it was always wet even when it was sunny, there was so much dew on the grass).

Nowadays it is a cottage in a complex with a spa and a pool at the least. Even in a hotel it is now adjoining rooms for the kids, not shared with pull out beds.

But we have got there over years. I think it is a stage of life thing - we started by having cheap and cheerful and no luxury, then gradually refined our likes and dislikes over decades.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post

I would not downgrade my choices in order to go away more often. But we have never consciously made that choice, we go away twice sometimes three times a year and that is often enough for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I would love to say either often or luxurious.

I work hard to go on one holiday a year. I try to go overseas if I can. In reality that's a year or two of Europe DIY, followed by a long haul.

That said, I stay and fly cheap but try to squeeze in lots of experiences so that can cost.

Not 4 star, not always 3. But I consider myself lucky and I suspect a fair few people would consider being able to do what I do a luxury.

Am grateful 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
This would make a great poll I think would say often...hopefully one day that may turn into often and luxurious lol.
Added!
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

In terms of Orlando, we are happy sticking to once every 3 years with the type of holiday we plan for. We still go away every year closer to home, usually one in UK and one in Europe and this works for us. Whatever makes you happy! 😁👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
Added!
Ha ha edited my post accordingly. I was too quick off the mark
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

But we have got there over years. I think it is a stage of life thing - we started by having cheap and cheerful and no luxury, then gradually refined our likes and dislikes over decades.

I agree with this,we started with an old caravan,got a better caravan,moved up to Eurocamp in France,then cheap apartments in Spain,cheap hotels in Florida,a villa in Florida and now we own DVC points and cruise in between .It's a long journey but we made it!