Notices

View Poll Results: do you have a case on your current smart phone ?
yes 331 95.66%
no 15 4.34%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Mar 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I have the S9 on the Samsung Upgrade Scheme and so I need to keep it in good condition so I can trade it in when I want to get a new phone. I did get a clear case when I first got it so I could see the phone in all it's glory but now I have a Disney case on it.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have a loopy case, it’s amazing! So comfy to hold and you can’t drop it (as long as you are holding it through the loop 😉 ) before that I always used a case with a pop socket which I liked but the loopy is comfier!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep, I use a case that covers the screen and has the handy wallet style inside for cards and notes. Can't see the point of not protecting any electrical products!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have a spigen armour case. Not the most stylish but my iPhone 6 is 4 years old and doesn’t have a scratch on it.

I gave probably jinxed it now !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
I have a loopy case, it’s amazing! So comfy to hold and you can’t drop it (as long as you are holding it through the loop 😉 ) before that I always used a case with a pop socket which I liked but the loopy is comfier!
I have a loopy case too and I love it! Also have a screen protector for my i phone, got one after I smashed the screen of course 🙈
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I have a spigen armour case. Not the most stylish but my iPhone 6 is 4 years old and doesn’t have a scratch on it.

I gave probably jinxed it now !
Lol ! Don't blame BB (please!) If you drop it now
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes. I have an Apple branded case with the soft inside (I’ve had other phone cases scratch the back of my phone) and also have a screen protector.

For a phone that costs as much as a new up to date smart phone does I can’t fathom why a case and screen protector wouldn’t be a priority!
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
Yes. I have an Apple branded case with the soft inside (I’ve had other phone cases scratch the back of my phone) and also have a screen protector.

For a phone that costs as much as a new up to date smart phone does I can’t fathom why a case and screen protector wouldn’t be a priority!
I think there are some owners who prefer the look of their phones without covers (like me). But I don't want to take the chance
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
This is a armoured case

Edited at 05:47 PM.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Up until recently I've not had them. Always a screen protector though. I tripped up the stairs at work and headbutted the wall. This was just after I'd handed over my brand new phone over to IT for a work app. If I'd been carrying my phone it would have been dropped from top of stairs. I got a clear hard plastic cover then made by phone manufacturers. Unfortunately only a week later it slipped out my hand while taking a photo. Screen protector splintered into a spider's web and what I thought was a scratch on the actual screen spread across the whole screen by an hour later. Other than the screen the phone was ok just bad luck it landed on it's screen.
It was repaired for a £25 excess on bank account insurance. I got in back after 2 days.
DH got me a clear rubber bumper but it just doesn't feel right. I've taken it off and put the stiff clear one on as it is so slim and doesn't spoil the look of the phone.
DH has a cover which flaps over the front but I really don't like those.
I would say ALWAYS have a screen protector but if you have an expensive phone and don't use a bumper or cover case then get phone insurance.

Edited at 06:11 PM.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List