Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 30 Aug 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

For Tonys parade adr is it different to a regular adr as I couldnt see it separately on the list. Or do you just book a time to suit?

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Half Term In New York X
Unread 30 Aug 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Your club room price is amazing. What a great find!

For your Adrs don't forget you're not tied to mains and desserts so you can order appetisers or the kids can order kids meals it doesn't matter that they are over 10.

For what it's worth I loved Tony's. Raglan Road we did in 2018 and it was ok, once and done though for me. I've never done Homecomin so can't comment. I'm trying to think of places I'd pick as my top 3 oop restaurants...
I was over the moon with it ... someone posted on FB after I got mine so don't think there'd have been many left.

Yeah this is what I said to Mr Grump ... I think we're going to do T-Rex as he wants to do that for the kids, maybe Chef Arts and Tony's ... we've still got plenty of time to decide. ADR day is November,

Let me know if you think of any! X

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
That all sounds great!

Weve done the same thing in booking 2 rooms at PI at only 30 each and 2 teenage girls I thought it was worth it too.

I cant believe how HRH Club is hardly any extra, we have also booked Club again for next August for 3 nights and it only cost an extra 30! So 10 a night more than a regular room! 😊 I dont understand it as RPR club was quite a bit more? 🤔

Kat
That's fab, it's so much better isn't it. That just reminded me I want to request 2 rooms next to each other as well as we were backwards and forwards last time I think this time I may make up 2 over night bags, one for me and Caitlin and one for Chris and the boys so we avoid that this time.

It's mad isn't it ... not sure if it's a price glitch or what ... but either way I'm happy. I'm sure you are too and 3 nights ... so lucky! X

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I have just found this - so excited you are booked again! You definitely have the bug

Your trip sounds amazing - 3 weeks, so jealous! We will actually overlap by a tiny bit - we are going end of April/ start of May - 4 nights in the Keys and 10 nights in POFQ, flying back on 10th May so I shall wave if I see you!

Re. ADRs - we are still toying with upgrading from QSDP, but some of the maybes on our list that may work for your family are Homecomin' (amazing chicken...), Garden Grill (by far my favourite character meal and the cinnamon bun skillet is to die for), Tony's for the parade package (have never been but seem some good reviews recently), Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package (the steak and mac n cheese is amazing), and the new space restaurant sounds amazing and the new Toy Story BBQ restaurant also sounds good but not sure when that is due to be completed!

Happy planning!
Thank you, lovely to see you here again

Oh please do! We'll be doing the obligatory first morning in MK possibly on the 9th.

We did Chef Arts last year and really enjoyed it so that's a contender. We never got to try Garden Grill so I'll put that to Mr Grump thank you. We did Mama Melrose in October and we really didn't like the food sadly Tony's is another contender as we did it last year, really enjoyed the food and loved the parade package too.

Thank you! You too. You'll have to let me know if you decide to upgrade xx

For Tonys parade adr is it different to a regular adr as I couldnt see it separately on the list. Or do you just book a time to suit?

Kat
Yeah it's different, it says parade package on it. Could you phone Disney and see if they can change it to a parade package? I did that with my Tusker House ROL one. I booked 8am breakfast then phoned to change it to the ROL but they could only do that at 8.20am. Check online first as there maybe some on there xx

Edited at 08:12 AM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
18 Nights POR 1 Night BWV
Unread 30 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post

Yeah it's different, it says parade package on it. Could you phone Disney and see if they can change it to a parade package? I did that with my Tusker House ROL one. I booked 8am breakfast then phoned to change it to the ROL but they could only do that at 8.20am. Check online first as there maybe some on there xx
Oh right Ill have to look out for the parade package. Im already over my adr allocation by 3 restaurants in October! 😂 I was thinking maybe for August next year, with a break out of the heat of the day would be useful? Abbys report of it was fab so Im thinking of booking it for then?

Plus, its 3 courses thats good value on a TS credit which includes the parade. 😆

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Half Term In New York X
Unread 30 Aug 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Oh right Ill have to look out for the parade package. Im already over my adr allocation by 3 restaurants in October! 😂 I was thinking maybe for August next year, with a break out of the heat of the day would be useful? Abbys report of it was fab so Im thinking of booking it for then?

Plus, its 3 courses thats good value on a TS credit which includes the parade. 😆

Kat
Ahh that makes sense haha. Definitely look out for it. If it's not there initially though keep checking daily as I don't think it appeared for maybe a week or so after. The aircon will be much needed I think. It is fab, we really enjoyed it when we went we just wish we'd left enough time to get 3 courses our ADR was 12.20 and the parade was 2pm. We probably could have had time but we didn't want to rush.

It definitely is don't think there's many other restaurants that will give you 3 courses for 1 TS! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 3 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

** update **

Another little update. I've started editing my Vacation Planner but can't really add too much to it just yet as we need to wait for park hours and EMH and EEH to be released. I've been making a list of QS restaurants that we want to eat at:
  • ABC Commissary
  • Backlot Express
  • Woody's Lunchbox
  • Rosies All American Diner
  • Be Our Guest
  • Casey's Corner
  • Columbia Harbour House
  • Cosmic Rays
  • Golden Oak Post
  • Pecos Bills
  • Pinocchio Village Haus
  • Friars Nook
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Flame Tree BBQ
  • Harambe Market
  • Restaurantasaurous
  • Yak & Yeti
  • Katsura Grill
  • Catina De San Angel
  • Les Halles
  • Liberty Inn
  • Lotus Blossom
  • Sommerfest
  • Sunshine Seasons
  • Yorkshire Fish & Chips
  • Tangerine Cafe
  • Blaze
  • Wolfgang Puck Express
  • Polite Pig
  • Cookes Of Dublin
  • Earl Of Sandwich
  • Daily Poutine
  • Aristo Crepes
  • Chicken Guy
  • D-Luxe Burger

Some of these we would like to just use snack credits for, like the waffles in Sleepy Hollow. I haven't started compiling a list of snacks just yet either.

We have decided to do 2 TS meals that we will pay OOP for. I think we've definitely decided on T-REX as we think the kids would love this, plus as we have a Landry's card we don't need to book, we can just turn up on the day The second choice is proving much more difficult and may end up turning into 2 TS meals but we shall see x
Unread 3 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love that list! Just the odd one or two places you want to eat at then?

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip

Now complete
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
6th time lucky, CBR again
Unread 3 Sep 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love that list! Just the odd one or two places you want to eat at then?

To be fair I just took them all from the Disney website ... but we have got 19 nights (well 18 nights after our night at Hard Rock) so hopefully we'll get to try at least all of them Xx
Unread 10 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

** update **

Update 3

We've toyed with the idea of booking a night at Clearwater. I wanted to watch the sunset and have a total chill out day not having to worry about parking and also driving back the same day.

Being a family of 5 we struggled with finding accommodation that wasn't a fortune ... we were looking upwards of 350 for one night and I just can't justify that ... even Hard Rock Club level with 5 express passes over 2 days is cheaper than that ... so we've settled on ...

Residence Inn by Marriott

We've got a 1 bedroomed apartment, which includes a small kitchen, for 220 which also includes breakfast ... total bargain if you ask me. It has a view over Clearwater Bay so not the Gulf side that I wanted. But for the price I'm happy to compromise on that and we'll head to Pier 60 to view the sunset instead

It has a pool so we can go between the pool and beach. Closer to the time I will also book the Sea Screamer.

We're still debating on which restaurants to eat at. We've confirmed

as we know the kids will love this one. I think we're still debating on Chef Arts and maybe another one. I'm going to sign up to Landry's again so we can get the free birthday reward and $25 join up reward and we'll split the bill 2 ways again to get $50 off