Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Kenwood Travel
Unread 29 Sep 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Mobile

Has anyone been in August ? These weather posts are making me nervous, despite loving the heat!

My two boys are now in exam seasons between them for literally the next seven years and then wont want to travel with us I expect! So we really only have August 2021 to make this trip happen as a family - please say we can still enjoy it?!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Seattle/Hawaii/Texas
Unread 30 Sep 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So looking forward to all the reports for October/November as looks like that will be out visit time 2021. I love planning strange but finding Japan a bit daunting. I already speak a few bits of the language & intend to learn essential phrases, like 'we are lost' & 'please help' etc!
Unread 30 Sep 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
So looking forward to all the reports for October/November as looks like that will be out visit time 2021. I love planning strange but finding Japan a bit daunting. I already speak a few bits of the language & intend to learn essential phrases, like 'we are lost' & 'please help' etc!
I was the same before going. You will be surprised at how easy it is - especially re transport. I find London much more trouble!

Edited at 11:46 AM.
Pumpkin Pie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 30 Sep 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
Great report! We're headed to Tokyo 7 weeks today! We're just doing Tokyo & Disney as I wanted to play it safe on our 1st trip to Asia. Hopefully it should be cooler in November.
Could you report back (or PM me please) wanting to know about weather and Disney tickets etc for when we go. Have a fantastic time.
Unread 30 Sep 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Apprentice Imagineer

We went in july. It was 30C some days. Kyoto was about 32C. We had no issues in Disney. Plenty of water about and the shows were very wet.

Start a thread im sure moat of us will help

Edited at 07:52 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Hotel Christmas Treat.
Unread 30 Sep 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
We went in july. It was 30C some days. Kyoto was about 32C. We had no issues in Disney. Plenty of water about and the shows were very wet.

Start a thread im sure moat of us will help
Thank you ever so much for replying 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Seattle/Hawaii/Texas
Unread 6 Oct 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I was worried about this before our first trip but we survived with arigato (thank you) and sumi masen (excuse me).

Train signs etc are in both languages. Even on our second trip where we stayed in an area of Tokyo where less English was spoken, we were able to order food with the time honoured tradition of pointing!

Our second trip was October 2017 and the weather was wet (very wet) at times and beautifully sunny at times - i dont remember having issues with humidity at all.
Wordsworth is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
25 years means Denver to Vegas!
Eat and Play Card