Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > Christmas
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics
Unread 4 Dec 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
Imagineer

I am so behind this year, normally I have everything bought and wrapped by now.
I am not feeling very Christmassy yet and that is because this time last year I was at WDW so I have huge 'this time last year I was at Disney' blues
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First stay onsite
Unread 4 Dec 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by joxxxxx View Post
Truly I can't be bothered.

Got to spend 3 days trapped with the outlaws in the north-east. Would much rather be at home. Current plan is to start drinking on the train on the way up and maintain an alcohol level so I really don't care, but not drunk enough to argue when they start spouting about Brexit/EU/the election.

As we will be away, I'm not doing any decorating or buying any christmas food as there is no point and if I don't do it no-one else will.

Did a load of shoeboxes for the homeless in an attempt to kindle some Christmas spirit - that failed miserably.

Told DH he is getting what he gets me every year - nothing - and I'm giving the money to charity instead so at least someone will benefit.

I used to love Christmas as well.

Oh goodness you have got Christmas blues badly! Your comment about drinking made me laugh, my family always start up about Brexit and politics at sunday dinner, and my mum has already said she isn't tolerating it this year at Christmas. (GO MUM) I will drink with you
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DAYS UNTIL CARIBBEAN CRUISE!
Unread 4 Dec 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

We got our tree up yesterday!

Had already been for an early Christmas celebration a fortnight ago though, so got pretty into the Christmassy mood then, plus everywhere I go now I see Christmas decorations and hear Christmas songs (and see advertisements for Christmas) so definitely feeling a lot like Christmas these days!

Present buying wise I am maybe half done, still have a bit of shopping left to do...
Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 2018 (GCH) : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 2015 : Walt Disney World 2001 2014 (AoA) 2015 (Pop) 2016 (BC/BCV) 2017x2 (CSR/Pop) 2018 (Pop/AsMovies) 2019 (Pop) : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013x3 (Cheyenne/SL) 2017 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010 : Shanghai Disneyland 2017 (DLH)
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks, got to love M&S G&T in a can.
The other thing is, have to take all the alcohol with us - as his parents think one bottle of rose is enough for 6 people for 3 days. Amazingly when someone else is paying they dont think that!
joxxxxx is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by joxxxxx View Post
Thanks, got to love M&S G&T in a can.
The other thing is, have to take all the alcohol with us - as his parents think one bottle of rose is enough for 6 people for 3 days. Amazingly when someone else is paying they dont think that!
Im sorry for your pain, but this is so funny!
Theres always a hip flask!
Munich dds 18th / Toronto ds wedding
Unread 4 Dec 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

I am pretty much done! Juat wrapping to do. House is decorated, presents purchased (just a cheeseboard to get nearer the time), nieces and nephews are all purchased, hubbys although looks sad (as in not a lot to look at) has quite a few nice bits. So really just the food stuffs and wrapping to go. Its going to be a busy few weeks for us

12th - Concert of Music from Christmas Films
13th - Friend round for dinner
14th - Christmas Street Party
15th - My dad round for dinner
16th - 20th - visiting the in laws
21st - my mum and her husband round for dinner
22nd - 23rd nice and quiet
24th - Visiting my brothers and sisters
25th - OUR FIRST CHRISTMAS IN OUR NEW HOME
26th - open house for anyone who wants to pop in
Then I am off until the 6th Jan so whatever I can fill my days with whilst hubby is working.

DLP 2002 (offsite) & 2010 (Hotel Cheyenne)
WDW 2003 (idrive), 2006 (idrive), 2009 (idrive), 2012 (Highlands Reserve), 2015 (Lindfields & DCL) & 2017 (AKL & DCL)
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A quick 7 night trip!
Unread 4 Dec 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Im just wondering what is the magic number for bottles of wine when festive slips into issue?
joxxxxx is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel like theres lots to do but I am not getting anywhere fast.

Ive done all the Christmas present (well if the Disney order decides to turn up as I know it wont be here for her birthday now so will have to be Christmas)
Presents for family and dog are wrapped. Stuff for hubby are going in a box. My own present for the kids to wrap are bought. All decorations are up, I do want to move some around but we will see.

Apart from that its school stuff and work really.
10/11th is youngest Christmas play, hubby has an operation and I have boiler and door people coming
12/13th eldest Christmas play
15th youngest birthday
16th hubbys work do
17th eldest Christmas party and family dinner at pub
18th Xmas jumper and dinner at school
19th youngest party
23rd man to inspect floor boards

Least I finish work for 2 weeks from 2pm on 17th tho. Will be happy about that.

Just hate doing/making Christmas play outfits. Drives me nuts.

I do feel like Im the one running around like a headless chicken getting everything done while the rest of my house have it pretty easy.

Really wish I was jetting off back to Disney not doing any of this.
vampiress88 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second Disney holiday!
Florida Escapes